moxy hotels – pro-scottish independence?

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• st1969
    Participant

http://moxy-hotels.marriott.com/en/hotels/

Strangely, Moxy hotels have decided that their UK hotels fall into two separate categories “United Kingdom” for their hotels in England and “Scotland” for those north of the border.

“England” and “Scotland” makes perfect sense and is reasonable (given that our American friends struggle with the layout of our little nation), but “United Kingdom” and “Scotland” seems like someone missed their geography classes….or has been told to future-proof the website.

I’m sure Marriott hotels DO employ people with good geography skills…maybe it’s time to put them to use.

superchris
    Participant

I attempted online check-in last year for an Iberia flight and it showed ‘old and bearded’ as a country in the drop down list, but not the UK.

Me thinks they had a disgruntled IT employee!

oandb

1 user thanked author for this post.

Folium
    Participant

Not a disgruntled employee just software mis-translating the islands of Antigua & Barbuda into English, hence “Old & Bearded”.

3 users thanked author for this post.

capetonianm
    Participant

To make it worse it would be old, bearded and female!

superchris
    Participant

I never knew that. How funny!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

[quote quote=935549]To make it worse it would be old, bearded and female![/quote]

Are you referring to the Virgin islands Capetonian??

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls