More Good News from BA/IAG’s Capital Markets Day

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)

• TominScotland
    Participant

CXDiamond – not sure where to post this as you appear to be on six threads simultaneously. On all of them, it is wonderful to read such positive comments about BA and their products services. Keep up the good work and have a great evening.

londonlad
    Participant

CXDiamond

I’ve heard that anti BA psychosis is treatable. Can’t be healthy.

Bath_VIP
    Participant

FDOS,

I am afraid I find the Easyjet seat uncomfortable for any flight over an hour. It is the one thing that stops me from using them more and I do wish they would have the courage to offer extra leg room seats like JetBlue do. My experience is that BA seats are marginally more comfortable than Easyjet so that line in the presentation about increased density was worrying as it suggests that BA will match Easyjet in the end in terms of density except for CE. Personally I am happy to pay the CE premium (provided it is not over the odds) as the extra few inches do change the seat from being uncomfortable to being comfortable based on my last CE flight.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

londonlad

Given that psychosis usually has symptoms of delusions or disconnection from reality, it certainly isn’t CX Diamond who is suffering from it, as her comments about BA are fact/reality based opinions.

Now as for some other posters…..

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Bath_VIP – 18/11/2013 17:08 GMT

Out of interest (if you don’t mind me asking) how tall are you? I’m only 5’9 and a bit and my legs are only 30″, so this may be the reason I find the easy seats okay.

Agree completely about JetBlue’s approach and also wish easy would try it.

As to BA’s higher density, I fear it may mean that they use the same pitch per the bmi aircraft. That’s why I asked if anyone knew what it looks like.

If you buy CE row 2 back, you will be appalled, if you like extra legroom. (Row 1 is still very good.)

This is not theoretical, I’ve experienced it a few times.

Bath_VIP
    Participant

Hi FDOS,

I am 6ft 1in with 33/34 in legs so I am very sensitive to leg room, much more so than other people. The easyjet seat is harsh on my knees (a recent BA LGW 737 trip was very similar) and I cannot sit with legs together. I am constantly fidgeting in my seat and adjusting.

My most recent CE experience was described in the thread below. In that I commented on the different formats of seats I experienced and never received a reply. I recall I was in row 4 both ways and the outward flight was what i had in mind when I said I would pay for it again.

http://www.businesstraveller.com/discussion/topic/BA-Club-Europe-1?page=8

CplFizzle
    Participant

IAG actually raised their 2015 profit target by 12.5%

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2013/11/15/uk-iag-idUKBRE9AE07M20131115

BigDog.
    Participant

On page 40 BA stated plans to save £150million pa on fuel or 20% per seat flown.

I’ll offer 2-1 that BA’s fuel surcharge will not be reduced in line with their planned saving…. unless the US courts direct otherwise.

Xuluman
    Participant

Bath_Vip

easyJet are slowly rolling out new seating. They are comfier, and much thinner in the back, which provides significant additional legroom. And there is an option to book extra legroom seats on the over wings.

The new seats and striped carpet also give an optical illusion of more space. They are narrower at the top of the seat, so when you walk down the aisle it feels roomier.

Only a handful of aircraft have it, more to come 🙂

millionsofmiles
    Participant

Thanks Viking Boop for the link. Interesting.

SergeantMajor
    Participant

When you can get CE for around £200 rtn in the sale, and exEU flights are often only a small premium over Y, then it’s a very good value proposition, and especially so if you dn’t have lounge access as part of your elits status package.

It’s making money at Heathrow, and driving longhaul growth at BA, so once again the naysayers are proven wrong, not that that will change their usual mantra one jot.

Bath_VIP
    Participant

Xuluman,

I am registered blind so I am not allowed to sit in the emergency exit rows which is where the extra leg room seats are. Only able bodied people can seat in these seats so it is not a true service. JetBlue on the other hand provide a whole set of rows with extra leg room.

ImissConcorde
    Participant

I used easyJet at the weekend (Malaga return) I have to say it was the most uncomfortable flight that I have ever taken. The seats are appalling. I was more than glad to get off. The idea of flying to Tel Aviv or Moscow would fill me with despair.

JohnHarper
    Participant

ImissConcorde – 19/11/2013 11:40 GMT

I understand – I’ve had similar experiences on BA. It’s all down to the service you get on the day.

Under no circumstances go for the back row on an easyJet A320 (the one opposite the toilet) as I did on a flight from RAK to LGW. It is lethal!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls