More Good News from BA/IAG’s Capital Markets Day

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)

• Anonymous

SergeantMajor
    Participant

The good news just keeps coming at BA, with several positive developments being announced at today’s Capital Markets presentation:

http://www.iairgroup.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=240949&p=irol-presentations

– all Gatwick 737s will be out of the fleet by 2015, A320 family replacement already coming online

– All longhaul 767s will be gone by 2017, all shorthaul by 2018

– 20 747s leaving the fleet in next four years

– Good performance on longhaul routes helped by more efficient aircraft and Mixed Fleet cost benefits, SYD being singled out as being very much improved (so safe for now!)

– More embraers for London City (where’s the space for them?!)

– Move from T1 to T3 be completed by end 2015

– Back to being Britain’s favourite airline, beating Emirates and Virgin Atlantic according to YouGov BrandIndex 2013 poll

– Order in advance on board catering on its way

IanFromHKG
    Participant

“Gatwick 737s will be out of the fleet by 2105”

I really, really hope that’s a typo…

canucklad
    Participant

Thanks for the update SM…..
    Will have a G&T tonight to celebrate …. : )
    However, I wonder why the share price is dropping, as we speak? So to speak !!

SergeantMajor
    Participant

Probably because of all the fantastic investment into customer facing initiatives you’ve been asking for for years!

IAG has gone up almost 10% in the past month, I’d imagine with no prospect of any even better news to come people are taking their profits now.

Taking a look at IAG over the past year, the share price is up almost 120% vs Lufthansa which manages about 20% and AF/klm languishing in the doldrums:

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=IAG.L#symbol=iag.l;range=1y;compare=af.pa+lha.de;indicator=volume;charttype=area;crosshair=on;ohlcvalues=0;logscale=off;source=undefined;

Really good to see Willie Walsh’s long term strategy so roundly endorsed by the markets!

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

“IAG has gone up almost 10% in the past month, I’d imagine with no prospect of any even better news to come people are taking their profits now.”

vs

“Really good to see Willie Walsh’s long term strategy so roundly endorsed by the markets!”

Am I the only reader finding the juxtapositioning of these two concepts a little tricky to follow?

canucklad
    Participant

Apologies in advance SM…but I’m feeling a wee bit mischievous before the weekend…In the tradition of Hugh Dennis & Mock the Week…what was said and what it actually means…..

-all Gatwick 737s will be out of the fleet by 2015, A320 family replacement already coming online” ========“Willie we’re running out of duct tape….”

– All longhaul 767s will be gone by 2017, all shorthaul by 2018===== “Right gang….Fingers crossed for the Dreamliner,ehhmm better make it toes too…..”

– 20 747s leaving the fleet in next four years=====“Thank God somebody remembered to order those sparkly new big things that Emirates, AF, LH . SQ and QF have !!”

– Good performance on longhaul routes helped by more efficient aircraft and Mixed Fleet cost benefits, SYD being singled out as being very much improved (so safe for now!)=====“Hat’s the difference”

– More embraers for London City (where’s the space for them?!) =====
    “Can we get away with calling this LHR’s 3rd runway?”

– Move from T1 to T3 be completed by end 2015==== “F*****n Hell, are they demolition balls…… “

– Back to being Britain’s favourite airline, beating Emirates and Virgin Atlantic according to YouGov BrandIndex 2013 poll ===“Now how do we get Concorde back on the plinth? “

– Order in advance on board catering on its way=====”Willie, I’ve just been on the Aer Lingus website? “

Hopefully no offence taken…..good to see BA catching up….: )
    Anyway…Have a great weekend folks, wherever you are…

BA744fan
    Participant

“SYD being singled out as being very much improved” – flies in the face of the rumours that it is due to be dropped next October. Excuse the pun.

Good news all round for BA.

Bath_VIP
    Participant

“SYD being singled out as being very much improved”

… but if you read the presentation, BA are using a traffic light system for each of their routes and SYD was still marked as being red so I wouldn’t sound the all clear yet.

Anyone noticed the Freudian slip in one of the earlier slides where the profit targets were broken out by country. Spain was still marked as Spain but the UK was marked as “London”, an implicit admission that they are London Airways?

JohnHarper
    Participant

canucklad – 15/11/2013 11:59 GMT +1, very funny.

You would wonder how much of the SYD improvement is related to the replacement of the 747 with the 773 and the replacement of world wide crew with mixed fleet. If those improvements were stripped out I wonder whether there would be any improvement at all?

As ever there are lies, damned lies and statistics and you can bet the latter will be used to ensure that Willie gets the biggest possible bonus.

londonlad
    Participant

Good to see the 737 fleet at LGW retired by the end of 2014.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Increased seat density at LHR and LGW on Airbus.

Does anyone know what this will look like?

CXDiamond
    Participant

Where did you see this DoS? I guess NEK will strike everywhere in due course.

A friend told me she flew from Luton to Rome with Monarch recently with some degree of trepidation but it was convenient, she described the seating at the front of the aircraft as ‘superior to BA in all regards’. BA have no capacity to make anything worse than it already is.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

It’s in the presentation pack that an earlier post links to.

There are two mentions, one on about slide 44 and then a reference to it in FvdP’s part.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

CE (and equivalents) is a waste of money.

I had another great flight with easyJet from Malta to Gatwick, yesterday.

Nice new Airbus, seat adequately comfy for the flight length, pleasant crew, pleasant fellow pax, the 2h35 mins (very fast for a northbound, btw) went quickly and the baggage came out in a reasonable time.

Virtually no queues for immigration, a thoroughly pleasant experience.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls