More BA T5 lounge experiences (formerly disasters)*

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 803 total)

• AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

Evidently Lufthansa care more about delivering a quality product than they do about cost saving.

Wonder if any other airlines out there might take note and try to win their alienated customers back.

Rgds.
    AOTG.

millionsofmiles
    Participant

VK/BB, why do you shame yourself with such ridiculous statement (again)…?

– Still, BA offers an outdated, cramped product as “New First”…LH has a new product in F

– Still, BA makes huge losses, repeatedly. LH has a decline in PROFITS.
    Ever heard about the difference between Profit and Loss?

– Still LH has 10 A380s in operation (no need to delay and delay and delay…like BA)

– Still LH has functioning F-Lounges (unlike BA where you have to be fast to catch a bite of anything) without outsourcing to some cheapo suppliers

– Still LH has no need to send passengers to “food festivals” (a VK/BB promotion!) if they want some tasty airline food

and so on…and so on

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

Oh, and I’m looking forward to flying on an A380, always such a pleasant experience. It also has new F which is an excellent product and a quantum leap from old F unlike some carriers.

Swindoneric
    Participant

I’m sitting in the ba lounge at Edi just now and I have to say it seems slightly better than before. Sandwiches seem fresher and there is soup which I don’t previously recall seeing…

VintageKrug
    Participant

British Airways made an operating profit of £300m in 2012/2013.

Just saying it made a loss doesn’t make it so, however much you might wish for that outcome.

There is clear evidence from those of us that actually do fly with BA that elements of the quality of the lounge offering have improved, and once BaxterStorey has access to the proper food preparation facilities from July 1st that things will improve more broadly.

While I’m sure savings were made, as any sensible supplier renegotiation should focus on value for money, it remains to be seen whether cost was the primary motivator for the renegotiation – I don’t think it was; as we haven’t seen the final offering from Baxter Storey, it’s difficult to make a judgement unless you were party to the negotiations….

I’m looking forward to flying on BA’s 787, a slightly more up to date aircraft than the dated A340, as well as enjoying the newest version of the A380 which Lufthansa won’t get for a while yet.

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

BaxterStorey or Do&Co?

It’s not really a fair competition is it.

And as for the newest version of the A380 which the KrugHandles are so keen on telling us about, will that make BA’s substandard premium products better for passengers?

I’ll stick to LH new F even if the A380 isn’t the latest model, the overall experience from entering the F terminal to arrival will still be so much better.

Also meant to say I’m on LH today because although SQ operate 4xA380s a day from LHR there were no premium seats on any of them at short notice.

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

SimonS1 – 10/06/2013 09:24 GMT
    Oh, sorry, did I say I was travelling with EK?

🙂

Having seen a photograph of the breakfast offering, it appears to me that the individually wrapped Walkers biscuits are displayed 8 across, which to my mind, having never visited the EK lounge in Gatwick, spells something of a dangerous precedent which is clearly being funded by the Dubai government.

BA have a much neater solution, they cleverly offer you more biscuits in a smaller space but they have this creative way of placing one biscuit vertically and the other horizontally. Whilst one might have to fumble and fiddle about to achieve satisfaction, perhaps even accidentally fingering the incorrect article, it is my expert opinion that biscuit to finger ratio is vastly superior. With this kind of strategic thinking I have no doubt that this inspiring leap forward will assist IAG stem their losses and see BA back as the Worlds Leading Lounge Biscuit Provider.

Therefore, and with considerable accuracy, based on never having been in the aforementioned lounge, or indeed, having eaten the offending calorie laden article(s), I would like to state authoritatively the BA biscuit experience is simply outstanding.

Confectioneryily yours.
    AOTG.

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

AOTG – aren’t the eight across biscuits to match the C seating on the A380??

😉

travelworld
    Participant

AOTG@12:07
    Thank you for brightening up my day…

esselle
    Participant

AOTG

Crumbs!

VK, I was not party to the negotiations, but can assure you, as I have done on many occasions, that the decision was driven by cost. I find dealing with fact, rather than speculation, tends to be more reliable.

millionsofmiles
    Participant

VK, you seem to be the Don Quijote and BA your Dulcinea…..but the REALITY is: BA makes losses.

Read:

“However, in the light of the Spanish macro headwind, we now expect to make a small operating loss in 2012,” said Mr Walsh.”
    source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-19107667

Operational loss, EBIT…..what counts if the BA GROUP financial result, dear VK. And this result is negative, meaning a loss.

And the outlook?
    “BA owner IAG sees losses widen on higher fuel costs”

source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-18033746

Thus my dear VK handles, do a bit more groundwork before posting!

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

Let’s just recall for a moment that the KrugHandles promote BA without any regard for fact or truth. There’s no use trying to reason, just point it out when nonsense is posted.

SimonS1
    Participant

BA did indeed make a loss in 2012. £139m before tax.

Check the accounts published on their website and see for yourself.

http://www.iairgroup.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=240949&p=irol-reportsannual

VintageKrug
    Participant

I clearly stated operating profit; if you don’t have an eye for detail, that’s not my fault.

Remind me how much BA allocated to sorting out bmi, the failing airline BA took over from, erm, Lufthansa.

SimonS1
    Participant

And I said loss before tax Kruggles. If they didn’t pay the finance costs they would go bust.

Still I suppose you would find a way of making that look good. The airline equivalent of the band played on.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 803 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls