More BA T5 lounge experiences (formerly disasters)*

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 803 total)

• esselle
    Participant

Would that be the bespoke husband and wife Gorgonzola flavoured tiramisu?

Travellator
    Participant

VK – Somewhat compensated by the addition of Guiness Flavour Yoghurt dont you think ?

JohnHarper
    Participant

Not being a big fan of BA but having been in the GF lounge twice so far this month I really didn’t notice the difference other than the single flavour of crisps.

It is interesting that BA’s response to people wanting more choice was to reduce the selection of crisps to a single flavour. That has to be a fine example of how much they care. Perhaps they surveyed 10000 people and 9999 said they preferred salted crisps and obviously none of them post here or on Flyertalk which seems a bit strange.

Ellwood
    Participant

Was the draft beer tap installed during this change or has it been there a while?

Hamewilldayme
    Participant

The only hot option at lunch time in the Galleries was soup the last time I passed through. Is this still the same as I have a 4 hour wait between flights tomorrow and want something substantial to eat to maximise sleep on the flight. Travelling in Club not First. Thanks!

StephenLondon
    Participant

No, there is a choice of hot food on the buffet…

TominScotland
    Participant

I am currently sitting in the First Lounge at Gatwick and am truly scandalised by the mono-choice in crisps. I noticed same in Glasgow earlier. So I withdraw all my earlier positive comments to this thread and its endless sister.

Forget about contacting BA, folks, this is much, much bigger as an issue of national proportions. I personally blame the EU and have contacted the leader of UKIP to take up this issue in the European Parliament on our joint behalf. I understand on good authority that he is a Cheese and Onion man so should be sympathetic. I will post the ruling from the European Court of Human rights in full when it is published in 32 years time.

The situation with respect to Bordeaux is rather more tricky. This was specifically introduced in the First Lounge to pacify Tory Eurosceptics. After all, Bordeaux used to be ours as a result of Henry II’s marriage to Eleanor of Acquitaine. I did suggest British Sherry as an alternative or, maybe, Stones Ginger Wine.

Fianlly, the situation with respect to Walkers Biscuits is also more difficult. With impending Scottish independence, I doubt whether UKIP will be willing to promote the status of foreign food products.

In the meantime, world conflict and disease continues unabated….. Has anyone counted the number of posts under the two threads?

Travellator
    Participant

O for a pint of 20 shilling !

millionsofmiles
    Participant

@TominScotland

You ought to go to the BA food festival and discuss this issue with WW and his COs, they will be there personally. (details in threads by VK and BB)
    I am sure, he will jump on the chance to improve customer satisfaction.

TominScotland
    Participant

Thanks millionsofmiles, I am not sure that I have ever heard of the Taste of London Food Festival – maybe someone could have posted information on this site? Surely nobody, but nobody actually gets to speak to BA senior brass, let along WW???

BigDog.
    Participant

Am sure when VK shares with us the day he is attending ToL then Walsh and the Board will clear their diaries to be there. Other lesser mortals can then listen in as VK then BB (hope there are some quick change facilities for him) gives them a savaging. Two days later I expect the situation to be fully recovered permanently with peace and harmony restored.

millionsofmiles
    Participant

@ Tom:
    Yes, there were a couple of postings about that, and I do remember very well that it was mentioned OFTEN that WW and BA gold and brass would be there to discuss food issues with visitors.

As far as i remember, this information was given by VK and someone called BeckyBoop, who seemed to be completely dedicated to the event.
    Thus I think, everybody should go there to see the board of BA and talk with them about food on BA planes…or am I wrong?

millionsofmiles
    Participant

@ BigDog

Absolutely. VK will work it out and BB will assist.

Sometimes I wonder whether BB could be some royalty or VERY VIP or tycoon in disguise…..since how else could a PA have access to all these important people?

millionsofmiles
    Participant

for the sceptic people: WW is at Taste of London, ready to talk business:

proof:

VintageKrug – 10/05/2013 14:02 GMT

I went along last year. Spent quite a bit of time “hob nobbing” with various senior people involved in delivering service.

All the BA food and nibbles is indeed gratis, the top end restaurants charge, but it’s an easy way to sample several new places and put them on the list for later in the year.

At previous events I have spent 15-20 minutes questioning Willie himself, met Frank van der Post and Abbie Comber several times as well as a few of the catering team, some of whom impressed.

It’s absolutely an opportunity for anyone with a Silver or Gold card to speak to the senior team directly.

All that’s needed is some gumption to introduce yourself. Anyone who is capable of asking intelligent questions rather than just moaning about petty service failures will be richly rewarded.

I am looking forward to the reports of the visitors.

BigDog.
    Participant

Methinks VK/BB was being a touch coy. It wasn’t him that was “hob-nobbing” with Walsh and the execs, am sure Walsh and Co thought it was actually them doing the hob-nobbing with VK/BB.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 803 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls