More BA T5 lounge experiences (formerly disasters)*

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 803 total)

• dutchyankee
    Participant

So, just off my flight from LED to the GF lounge. I have to say that while the areas that normally have lots of cookies, sandwiches, and cakes looks somewhat barren, the hot food buffet looked fine with a nice selection (an excellent butter chicken curry) . There is an obvious decrease in offer but still of a good standard. The rose bollinger goes down very well. I noticed some menus only listing breakfast items, does this mean the lunch/dinner a la carte is also stopped? That would be awful! Otherwise, not a bad situation, but definitely less than before.

@VK, just to let you know as you are such an advocate of mixed fleet, just had a fantastic flight from LED, superb crew, professional, friendly, and always went that extra step. Super service on a full flight with 31 of us in CE.

JonathanM8
    Participant

Back in the LHR First Lounge after a 3 week absence. Evidence of some improvements, for example cheese and meats now available (and one more cheese variety available than with the previous caterers if i was to be really specific). Still only one flavour of crisps and the absence of some other ‘staples’ still continues. When do you think we will get a definiteve view as to what the service will be once the bugs are ironed out?

SimonS1
    Participant

Probably after the next Dr Who is announced 🙂

Papillion53
    Participant

Good Afternoon from the home of Canucklad! 🙂

Just a quick slightly off topic comment on lounge catering- gracious and very friendly welcome here in the F Lounge at YVR. Explained all our options and table service with a smile.

If you wondered where all the Walker’s biccies have gone – they are here! I asked the lounge lady and she said she had heard about this “open catering” and that it was being trialled in New York. From her expression when I told her about the furore it was causing in LHR, it would seem she perhaps agreed that in this situation “open catering” is not the best idea.

Will be heading back through LHR, CCR tomorrow, so we will see. It was OK on the way out, but I think I did mention the guy returning from the toilets and sticking his hand into the big jar of loose snack mix. Yuck! Despite there being tongs, small bowls and napkins right in front of every jar. But not the caterers fault, just bad manners on the part of this pax anyway. And I am sure he was not the only one!

Safe flight home Papillion and DH. I hope you had a super holiday.

Excuse me if I go AWOL for the next couple of weeks but I haven’t had a proper holiday in years.

Btw, what is this obsession with biscuits? LOL

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Glad you are enjoying your hols Papillion – having not “seen” you for sometime, I had thought you were caught up in the multi handles, split cyber personality disorders, being weeded out. Glad to hear you are on far safer & enjoyable ground enjoying your hols..!

Enjoy the flight back and the CCR.

oasis1221
    Participant

BA lounge is big and disorganized. Too many passengers come in all of a sudden and leave with a mess behind. Clearing the mess takes a lot of quick action which is a big problem there.
    No consideration for passengers who want to use a reclining seat to sleep in a quiet area. The seats are not comfortable and no quiet corner can be found away from some loud passengers.
    Very poor food quality and selection. Overall it is a big disappointment.

Papillion53
    Participant

Hi MS – LOL! no split cyber personality disorders here, well maybe you’d better ask the DH!!! I hope I won’t be weeded out! Only ever one handle for me.

Sitting in the CCR as I write this after a not very good flight on BA in NF – we arrived safely at least. More on that later. But have enjoyed a refreshing shower in a Cabana and a little lunch, so just waiting around for our connection home.

I have to admit I have a couple of small packs of Walkers biscuits in my handbag, so if anyone from BT forum is at LHR and would like them, speak now or forever hold your peace! 😉 :-))

canucklad
    Participant

Afternoon Papillion, welcome back to Gods country…or at least one of them , and in the almost tropical weather too…well at least here in the Lothian’s…

Drove past the Walkers factory a few weeks ago, whilst on our golf week….should have popped in to factory and advised them of the impact they are having at LHR and elsewhere it seems!

I’m assuming you’ll be doing a flight review ?

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

@ oasis1221 – 20/06/2013 11:49 GMT

“Manners maketh man”…

As someone who always and without fail clears up after myself, I am repeatedly struck by the utterly inconsiderate who just leave their detritus where they’ve been sitting for someone else to clear up.

The fact of flying on a business class ticket or being a BAEC Silver or Gold (or OW equivalent… ) does not exempt people from displaying even basic consideration for others. Sadly, the “only person who matters is ME!” culture has taken a firm grip in certain quarters.

Exactly Anthony

Have a safe and enjoyable trip 🙂

esselle
    Participant

AnthonyDunn

+1

Good to see the Winchester motto being put to good use!

Be_Nice
    Participant

Hello Papillion

Welcome home and looking forward very much to you trip reports.

Best wishes

Marlene

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Bucksnet – 18/06/2013 21:19 GMT : How are the T3 lounges holding up? Not been there for a while now.

The F lounge always seems fine to me, but I must confess I spend most of my time in the champagne bar!! Having said that, I do find the range of food surprisingly limited and unimaginative – almost invariably something sloppy (beef bourguignonne, curry) which I suppose isn’t hugely surprising since they just want to be able to leave it out for hours without it drying out, but when you see what other airlines are able to achieve it does make you wonder. I know that it is possible to get a la carte in the F lounge, but frankly the only thing I have ever ordered from the menu was a burger (I was just in that sort of mood!) since the other choices just didn’t grab me at all. And yet at the BA J lounge in ORD they have a stir-fry station with everything made to order (this wasn’t in the pre-flight dining section for F, I might add – sadly I didn’t get to try that because even though I am oneworld emerald access to that dining room was restricted to F passengers – a bit like the CCR!) which was a nice touch (all done in front of you so you could pick and choose your ingredients). The QF lounge in Singapore (which is combined F and J) also has food prepared to order – they day we went, we had a superb spicy noodle dish. The CX F lounge at The Wing in Hong Kong not only has a superb range of food on the buffet tables, including a carvery for main meals, but also an impressive a la carte menu which, I have been told, changes weekly (with matched wines or – at the moment as a special promotion – cognac (which sounds ghastly! LOL)), the dishes on which are of true restaurant standard (and a good restaurant too – the catering is contracted to the Peninsula Hotel group and the beef dish I had there the last time I went through in the evening could easily have been served at Gaddi’s). The QF F lounge in Sydney, the last time I was there (2010 – maybe things have changed!), had stunning food prepared to order in an open kitchen in the middle of the lounge. These things are not beyond the wit of man (unless the man in question holds a senior post at BA, it seems)

Bucksnet
    Participant

Thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 803 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls