More BA T5 lounge experiences (formerly disasters)*

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 803 total)

• EternalExpat
    Participant

Dear Henkel.Trocken and LuganoPirate,

Thank you for kind wishes. Unfortunately, I had to cancel my trip this morning as things were looking increasingly grim. When it comes to this sort of decision it is a straightforward one for me, as family should always come first.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

HongKongLady, I do agree. Depends on time of day, of course. I may visit the MH lounge on Friday night to see how it compares. If there is one. The oneworld site is a bit ambiguous!

EternalExpat, I am sorry to see you are having to face the choice – not because the choice is a hard one, but because of whatever it is occurred that made the (obvious) choice necessary. My thoughts are with you and your family

millionsofmiles
    Participant

@VK: I have proven in this/another thread that WW confirmed in an interview to mak operational losses in 2012.

So what are you talking about again?

VintageKrug
    Participant

BA made an operating profit of £300m/$472m in 2012, the last full financial year and the tail end of one of the worst European recessions in history.

SimonS1
    Participant

What was the profit before tax then Kruggles? That is after their finance costs has been accounted for.

Or doesn’t BA protocol allow you to mention that 🙂

Travellator
    Participant

As a public company all their financials are in the public domain and easily accessible.

Normally an operating profit is that BEFORE taxes such as corporation tax.

SimonS1
    Participant

Indeed Travellator. You can see exactly what the profit before tax was in BA’s accounts.

http://www.iairgroup.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=240949&p=irol-reportsannual

Incidentally Kruggles I see both BA’s flights to Dubai yesterday were over an hour late and on Friday there was a cancellation. Not to mention the prospect of flying in some beaten up old 747 as well. Better to enjoy the Emirates A380. Those on the cancelled flight did as I gather most were switched to an EK flight back!!!

millionsofmiles
    Participant

VK, I am usd to your deceptions and lies, like many others here.

Look at the offical published results and you see the operating profilt was (70) mio Pounds. A loss.
    And that after tax returns which reduced the loss:
    copied here:

(Loss)/profit before tax (139)
    Tax 69
    (Loss)/profit after tax (70)

Link is above. and here again: http://www.iairgroup.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=240949&p=irol-reportsannual

THIS is the OFFICIAL IAG report, not a personal KruggieBoop P&L sheet.

So please, be so kind to stop the misinformation and the childish falsification of figures.
    Thanks!

VintageKrug
    Participant

The fact you have to resort to childish namecalling says it all, really.

British Airways made an operating profit of £300m in 2012:

“British Airways’ parent, International Consolidated Airlines Group (IAG), yesterday presented Group consolidated results for the year to 31 December, 2012 […] BA made an operating profit of €347m (£300m).”

http://www.adsadvance.co.uk/ba-s-profits-up-300m-as-parent-iag-posts-losses-of-860m.html

British Airways plans to make an operating profit of £1.1bn by 2015, and re-start shareholder dividends.

millionsofmiles
    Participant

VK, you are a blatant lier.

Why dont you use the official BA figures? Read in the P&L an Annual Report, maybe you will understand.

And for me this discussion is finished here. If you dont use BA figures when you talk about BA, what is the purpose of talking with you? If you are incompetent in accounting….that is fine, but at least use the official sources, not some cheesy press report.

end of discussion for me.

VintageKrug
    Participant

I fear you are misreading the report.

Page 14 of the IAG report, Willie Walsh’s statement:

“At an operating level, 2012 was a tale of two airlines, British Airways had a good year with an operating profit of €347m [£300m].”

Fairly unequivocal, I would have thought, though of course such facts may not align with certain agendas.

I will happily accept your apology for calling me a “lier”, though I think you meant to call me a liar:

millionsofmiles
    Participant

LOL
    just stop bending facts and hy dont you just stop making a fool out of yourself here?
    Why do you put so much effort into becoming the laughing stock of this forum – as you did on flyertalk, where you got banned?

VintageKrug
    Participant

There is a clear, referenced, statement in the report by Willie Walsh that BA made an operating profit of €347m in 2012; if that’s not good enough for you, then nothing is.

BA is profitable, and is on track to make considerably larger profits in the coming years, much as that will disappoint the Usual Suspects.

openfly
    Participant

I was under the impression that this thread had something to do with BA lounges and the appalling changes. ………

millionsofmiles
    Participant

VK, you make so many valuable and sometimes funny contributions to this board, which a lot of people including myself appreciate…a lot.

But sometimes, I just cant understand your point of view. I dont have a bias towards any airline, I loved BA in the old times, I usually flew TG/LH/SR f-class mostly longhaul.
    But if I dont like a product, I say that. And I dont care whether it is my favorite airline or not. Criticism often is constructive and not negative.

And I understand what you mean:
    The Operational Result (not the group result) is positive before financials, writeoffs and such.
    The net result of BA within IAG is the minus 100. o maybe we look at different lines?
    I look at the bottom line, not the in-betweens.

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 803 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls