More BA IT expertise

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• FDOS_UK
    Participant

Just checked in online for a flight MAN/LHR/DXB on a single 081 ticket/PNR (BA/QF, my client must have a sweet deal with QF, as they were keen for me to do this routing.)

My ticket has a baggage allowance of 40kgs, yet BA issues me with a boarding pass MAN-LHR for hand baggage only and with no mention of baggage at all for LHR-DXB.

So I call the executive club line and after explaining the problem (which wasn’t easy, as the agent seemed to think I needed to buy a luggage allowance, but we got there eventaully), he consulted and came back to say that I had a 40kg allowance and the boarding pass was caused by a IT problem.

I just hope I don’t get a stroppy trainee at the bag drop, who doesn’t understand the concept of the baggage allowance on the longer segment applying to all flights, tomorrow morning.

Anyone else had this one?

JohnHarper
    Participant

DoS, you have my sincere sympathy. You’ll also have to encounter the transit security goons at LHR on your way home. Is QF in C or F by any chance? I haven’t flown with them for a couple of years but would be interested to know what it’s like – future travel to AUS coming up – could route LCA-DXB-SYD – LCA-DXB is now a 773 so quite acceptable in F and a big improvement in C over the A330.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Hi John

Yes, I agree the LHR Int-Dom connection sucks, in particular. Last week, I connected at Doha and didn’t need to clear security in transit either way.

I’m in W, as it is a day flight and I believe the client paid <£700 for the return ticket.

Glad to hear the A330 has had it’s day on MLA-LCA-DXB, I think they are going to retire all of them in the next year or so.

HedgeFundFlyer
    Participant

FDOS your post was timely. This poor woman had an even more absurd experience.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/british-airways-stops-musician-from-flying-with-cello-as-it-didnt-have-a-visa-a7187516.html

“Sorry, Madam, your cello can’t fly with us as it doesn’t have an ESTA.”

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=731582]FDOS your post was timely. This poor woman had an even more absurd experience.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/british-airways-stops-musician-from-flying-with-cello-as-it-didnt-have-a-visa-a7187516.html

“Sorry, Madam, your cello can’t fly with us as it doesn’t have an ESTA.”

[/quote]

Good Grief – that is ridiculous. I can’t say it sounds sensible to book a cello with a plausible name and then it is disappointing that the phone call to BA didn’t get it sorted before departure.

Once checked in, I can see how thelack of an ESTA could have been a problem if the US systems thought ‘Chuck Cello’ was a person – it should never have got to that stage.

As for my issue, fortunately I encountered an experienced check in agent who knew what was what and checked me in without a problem.

mkcol74
    Participant

@FDOS_UK Have you noticed your post has been reported for inappropriate content? Good grief!

[quote quote=731309]Hi John

Yes, I agree the LHR Int-Dom connection sucks, in particular. Last week, I connected at Doha and didn’t need to clear security in transit either way.

I’m in W, as it is a day flight and I believe the client paid <£700 for the return ticket.

Glad to hear the A330 has had it’s day on MLA-LCA-DXB, I think they are going to retire all of them in the next year or so.

[/quote]

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=731663] @FDOS_UK Have you noticed your post has been reported for inappropriate content? Good grief!

Hi John

[/quote]

Yes, I saw that.

PeterCoultas
    Participant

FDOS comment “LHR Int-Dom connection sucks” is actually one of the most APPROPRIATE comments I’ve seen….totally correct !

2 users thanked author for this post.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Trying to work out if this is a BA IT issue or USA Immigration..

BA have my passport details entered into their system. Flying from the UK I have no “please re enter your passport details” for online check in.

However, when flying to or from the USA there is always a need to re enter some if not all of my passport data. It really is hit and miss each time I try online check, especially FROM the USA back to Europe. Currently, unable to print boarding pass as my passport needs to be inspected. Last week from another US departure point, there was no need to show my passport.

Is this a BA issue or other ?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls