Monarch Airlines, take a bow…

Back to Forum
Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)

• TiredOldHack
    Participant

Ski trip when a plane went tech, long delay at Gatwick, turned out (courtesy of a poster here) that a windscreen had cracked and they didn’t have the part….

Made a claim for the delay (they split the flight into two smaller aircraft, and it was chaotic, and we all had to sort our luggage out, ten people at a a time, in the pouring rain on the apron).

Monarch escalated the incident to a windscreen that “shattered in flight”. A blatant lie by one Caroline Woor, who answered my claim (I have the correspondence – no harm in naming names. Caroline Woor, you lied). They changed their story with every email. Not even one of those ambulance chasing lawyers could get a response out of them.

Then last year, I had a couple of magazines and the Times under my arm at check-in, and they tried to classify them as extra hand baggage, and told me they could be weighed at the gate and I’d be liable to a surcharge of £25.

Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls