Monarch Airlines, take a bow…

Back to Forum
Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)

• TiredOldHack
    Participant

Ski trip when a plane went tech, long delay at Gatwick, turned out (courtesy of a poster here) that a windscreen had cracked and they didn’t have the part….

Made a claim for the delay (they split the flight into two smaller aircraft, and it was chaotic, and we all had to sort our luggage out, ten people at a a time, in the pouring rain on the apron).

Monarch escalated the incident to a windscreen that “shattered in flight”. A blatant lie by one Caroline Woor, who answered my claim (I have the correspondence – no harm in naming names. Caroline Woor, you lied). They changed their story with every email. Not even one of those ambulance chasing lawyers could get a response out of them.

Then last year, I had a couple of magazines and the Times under my arm at check-in, and they tried to classify them as extra hand baggage, and told me they could be weighed at the gate and I’d be liable to a surcharge of £25.

Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller UK cover May 2022
Business Traveller UK cover May 2022
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls