Monarch Airlines A330-200 Economy (long-haul)

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

bkingfisher
    Participant

Just back from Saga cruise on Quest for Adventure – Amazon to Africa. Flew from Gatwick.

Worst plane journey EVER in all my life. MONARCH stands for – “Move Over Neighbour Am Really Crushed Here”. Seated in a row of 3 with husband (lefthanded) on my right hand side requiring aisle seat, fat man with 100 elbows on left hand side. Absolutely no room to either eat, read or sit comfortably. Bad enough for a couple of hours but impossible for the ten and a half hours we were in flight.

Attendants tardy at collecting food refuse so had to sit for an hour with the uneaten meal on my lap – wasn’t worth eating anyway – but didn’t have any room to eat even if I had been starving.

Aircraft old and dirty – must have been in World War II by the looks of things! Not a way to begin one’s holiday . It took us three days to feel well enough to enjoy ourselves.

No individual entertainment screens as one would expect of a decent airline on a long haul flight even in economy. Premium passengers did not appear to be much better off, the only discernible extra being individual screens – no more leg room.

Drinks were offered only once on the flight and again it was nigh on impossible to partake of them due to the shortage of space.

Flight was delayed by more than an hour and then it was announced that instead of touching down at Azores we would fly direct to Maunaus to make up time – no rhyme or reason given for this change of plan.

Return journey from Accra, Ghana not a lot better. Although able to eat -albeit uncomfortably -breakfast consisted of a cereal bar, orange juice, biscuits & cheese. The “sticky toffee pudding” offered for dinner was not worth getting fat for – the chefs who supplied this should try a Marks & Spencer one – no competition at all!!

Everything on board the Quest was wonderful as Saga holidays usually are but I would seriously consider whether to holiday with Saga again if they are to use Monarch Airlines for conveying their clients on long haul flights.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls