Mobile boarding passes

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

• DavidGordon10
    Participant

Of the airlines I use regularly, only BA has the idiocy of requiring you to download an application to your phone before you can have a mobile boarding pass – SAS, KLM, AF, LH (my main other reguar arlines) are all much more simple.

As they say, my message to BA is KISS.

DavidGordon10
    Participant

Martyn (09.05), I like the idea of a Boarding Pass on an “iPOD” … an iPOD plays music. Which airline has musical boarding passes?

MartynSinclair
    Participant

@DavidGordon10 – try the iPOD 6, has all the benefits of the iPHONE and iPAD but no sim card and yes, you can still listen to music and use PASSBOOK and have icons, emails, etc…. its superb…

BA app works like a gem…..

https://www.apple.com/ipod-touch/

SSTBeliever
    Participant

Even Flybe enable you to download your boarding card straight from your browser on a smartphone – not available everywhere yet for some reason but coming to a local airport near you soon!

DavidGordon10
    Participant

Martyn – my ignorance of the various products of the Apple company shows, but just think of all the money I have saved over the years by not patronising them.

I have to disagree with you about the BA application (I refuse to use “app”, a marketing neologistic abbreviation invented by someone called Jobs) – why can BA simply not provide a boarding card straight from your browser to your phone – like SAS, or Flybe, or many others? To spell out my earlier message to BA, keep it simple, stupid.

Charles-P
    Participant

‘DavidGordon10’ fully agree with you regarding ‘apps’ I know of many instances where these are little more than data gathering devices for their producers. Lufthansa sends an email with the barcode embedded in the document requiring no download or app. I find this works well and is recognised even on my small BlackBerry screen.

JohnHarper
    Participant

I think apps are fine for those who want them but like David & Charles I think the LH system of boarding pass to browser is the best, the more simple the system is the more likely people are to use it.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls