Mobile apps for Business Traveller readers

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

robsmith100
    Participant

Does anyone know if BT are planning on developing and applications for mobile users on any of the leading platforms?

Bunnahabhain
    Participant

I think we’ve mentioned this during our posters’ meetings where Tom, Mark and Felicity have joined us. I’d certainly welcome something; since the launch of the SDK and “proper” apps for the iPhone, I hardly ever find myself using the internet browser – which at the time of the phone’s original launch was quite a revolution. How time and technology move on.

BA is a good example – you could still check in etc using the phone’s browser although slow and lots of page changes & scrolling, and they always had a mobile WAP type facility, but the app just makes it a breeze. The national rail enquiries app, despite the controversial charge, is similar – the essential information only, presented quickly and easily read on the move. To search the same information on the website would take much longer.

Perhaps for the iPad there is less of a case for developing apps as the larger screen size makes normal web browsing easy.

We’re certainly looking into apps, both for businesstraveller.com and our sister site seatplans.com, but as with all this sort of development there are significant costs involved. We’ll keep you updated.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls