Missing those BA 747 Flights?

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• frustratedflyer
    Participant

If like me you are missing your LH BA flights and fancy sitting in your favourite seat (64K) onboard one of their B747-400s here is your chance!! https://www.threshold.aero/store/-p331918098

4 users thanked author for this post.

cwoodward
    Participant

Not for one moment the BA ones, the aircraft were old and dirty and the cabins in a dreadful state of repair.

nevereconomy
    Participant

Beg to differ – my last BA 747 flight in F had a cabin that appeared to be almost new (apart from the lavatory of course) AND I had 2K to make it even more enjoyable.

2 users thanked author for this post.

cwoodward
    Participant

The aircraft cabins on the BA 747s that I flew over the past perhaps 5/6 years were falling apart in Business class and very dirty.
    I can only comment on what I found. I remember particularly a flight to Singapore where the cabin was in very poor state with tray broken -divider inoperable and seat falling apart.

FormerBA
    Participant

I loved 747 flights and I was a big fan of 1A. But lets be honest, BA cabins were shocking by the end and there was not much that was luxurious. They started to go down hill badly when they moved away from 18 seats to 14 seats and took away the center consul table…… I am showing my age!

What I remember more that just about anything else was the difference in noise levels in the nose of the aircraft compared to anywhere else on board.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Shamsh
    Participant

As many of you I’m missing the Queen of the Skies, the 747-400. Not at all for the lousy (sorry) BA-interior – both in C and F. In C the tables were shaking from the very first beginning, no storage around you, not even for the obligatory water bottle, which kept falling into your face during sleep, no room for your papers, laptop ect. The treat was the upper deck, the private cabin within the Jumbo which made the flight a special one. Not to be compared with the 380 mass storage, with 7 across in business class. The last “invention” of Willy Welsh, to optimize space. He probably has never flown in one of these seats himself.
    My last flight in F was LHR-GRU in 4F. The seat refused to recline, so I was sitting the whole night like in a WT seat for the price of a F seat. Very nice. All BA had to offer to my complaint were 10,000 avios and “we hope to see you again soon on one of our flights”.
    Mr. Welsh & Co obviously have never flown QR, EK or CX, to experience what business class or First means nowadays.

1 user thanked author for this post.

esselle
    Participant

One of the things I remember fondly from the BA F cabin on 747s was the noise from the nose wheel being retracted. Whirring, grinding, whining, clunking, then silence. Then the thud as the gear doors were locked.

4 users thanked author for this post.

cwoodward
    Participant

[postquote quote=1097640]

I agree……it was the same on the Cathay 747s and yes I do miss it.

3 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls