Miles & More query

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• Anonymous

Can anyone explain why a o/w award booking between Luxembourg and Frankfurt is 15,000 miles while a o/w from FRA to Addis is 20,000?

Senator
    Participant

No, because few things with the “Miles & A lot Less” makes sense currently.

At least there is good availability…. but there is a big difference between a 30-minute hop and an 8 hours+ flight. Incredible!

HarryMonk
    Participant

Is there a really annoying artificially high fuel surcharge like there is with some other reward programmes ?

r ryan
    Participant

It IS a bargain – but don’t worry, they will more than make up for it with ‘taxes and charges”.
    I have just been checking on a Zuerich-Berlin flight where the taxes and charges alone on a M&M redemption are the same as the total cost of buying a ticket direct from Swiss!

Albator
    Participant

None of the major airlines is reasonnable in taxes and surcharges.
    Can anybody confirn if Iberia or American Airlines are reasonnable for booking One World ( excluding BA) redemptions? I was told they do not apply artificial surcharges except when imposed by an Airline( like BA).

millionsofmiles
    Participant

Easy:
    One is a regular price, the other is a special.

Once I got a FRA-MIA rtn for 20.000 miles.
    or a biz rtn to BKK for 50.000.

They always have monthly/seasonal specials.

To use MM-miles for travel in Europe is just pure waste.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

“To use MM-miles for travel in Europe is just pure waste.”

except when the cost of the revenue ticket is over £300+

Using Miles and More for a Lon-FRA next week – flights were very full due to an expo.

Thanks for your replies:

I was quoted 15,000 miles for LUX-FRA + approx. €85 and the flight was via either Munich or Zurich!

For FRA-ADD 20,000 miles + approx. an extra €100.

That’s what I call a huge discrepancy!

Senator
    Participant

I’ve used the FlySmart 25,000 miles Business class options a few times for last minute tickets that would have cost £1,000 or more to buy. The other true value if you are flexible are the monthly offers:
    http://www.meilenschnaeppchen.de/index.php?lang=en

LuganoPirate
    Participant

And don’t forget, with M&M 50% extra miles will get you a free redemption ticket even if its the last seat on the plane. I think you need to be gold for that though?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls