Miles & More Hand Luggage

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

JohnnyEnglish
    Participant

Hello,

I am fairly new to this forum, having only recently discovered this great website.

I am also newly promoted to LH Gold. My question is – I fly 80% economy and during my years as LH silver, I always looked on with envy as gold travellers could take 2 pieces of hand luggage on board. Now I see that this perk is no longer mentioned as a benefit, whether for gold or HON. It seems that the only way to bring 2 pieces is to fly business, regardless of status.

Has anyone else noticed LH quietly dropping this perk, or do they still allow it without advertising the fact? Any comments or experiences welcome, as this was one perk I had fought hard to achieve gold for…

Many thanks.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Like you I’m Gold Senator and I’ve never had a problem taking on 2 pieces of hand luggage. My last flight to LCY was in Y and I took two pieces with me.

When I fly long haul with me up front and the kids (Silver – Frequent Traveller Status) way back, they also get to take two pieces each, though admittedly they are very small wheelie bags and perhaps a small back pack.

Perhaps it’s just not widely broadcast anymore as sometimes those o/h lockers do get rather crowded!

JohnnyEnglish
    Participant

Thanks for that. I recall that some years ago, even silver could take a 2nd piece of hand luggage on M&M partners.

But you are right – lockers are ever more crowded. My last flight in C was so full that my luggage was placed in the coat locker on Austrian – but I see that even the locker may disappear with the new Recaro seats they are installing…

I’ll also put those Senator luggage tags on my hand baggage in an attempt to deter any over-zealous cabin staff on my next economy trip!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

On some Swiss flights they take your carry on bag at the stairs and put it in the hold, giving it back at the stairs when you disembark. Though at LCY you get it back from the conveyor “for security reasons” it seems!!!

Another problem I often witness, is Y passengers putting their bags in the C o/h lockers then walking on to the back of the plane. I think this has been covered several times in other threads, but it remains a frustration.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls