Miles and More website problems

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• traveldoc1
    Participant

Based in Bangkok, and when I try to search for flights on the Miles and More website it automatically converts Roman calendar dates into Thai calendar dates. Thus “2020” becomes “2563” and the site then tells me I can only book one year ahead! I’ve fed in the dates manually (since the drop-down calendar also doesn’t seem to display months) but to no avail. Grrrr! Any ideas – or is anyone from M&M reading this?? No point in having loads of miles if I can’t even properly access the site.

capetonianm
    Participant

Use a VPN to a western country perhaps?

1 user thanked author for this post.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Or call the helpline. They are usually very helpful and willing to assist in making bookings, quoting fares, spending miles etc.

2 users thanked author for this post.

K1ngston
    Participant

Or like me start to learn Thai, give up and call the helpline 🙂

sk
    Participant

Miles & More in itself is a hopeless website and not at all user-friendly. Most of the time you need to call the helpline to assist you. Customer service is also poor

1 user thanked author for this post.

capetonianm
    Participant

I hardly ever bother to try to redeem miles as it it usually more trouble than it seems to be worth. Here is this week’s experience with M&M, the good, the bad, and the ugly. In the end they solved the problem graciously and I was happy.

The M&M website is unnecessarily complex. There are three ways of identifying yourself :
    M&M service card number (15 digits), which requires a 5 digit PIN.
    Lufthansa iD (9 digits), with a password.
    User ID (your email address) with a password.

Some while ago, I seem to recall having seen an email saying that the card number + PIN would be replaced by the latter two options. I tried to log in with the user Id (my email) and it said my password was wrong, so I changed it, got an email confirming the change, and then tried to log in with the new one and it said it had expired (5 minutes had elapsed.) This went round in frustrating circles (does anyone remember ‘There’s a hole in my bucket, dear Liza, a hole in my bucket’?) until I was told by the service centre to use the card number + PIN – the simplest way. It worked.

I was then able to book a flight via FRA, which was not what I wanted, two days after the date I wanted, due to lack of availability, but I took it anyway for fear of there being even less availability if I left it longer.

Frustratingly, the next morning early I looked on the M&M website and it showed the flights I originally wanted, via ZRH on LX, now available. It isn’t possible to change flights on line, another poor piece of design, so I rang the UK service centre which took me through, as it usually does, to CPT. The agent then said he couldn’t see the LX flights on his system so they weren’t available. I refreshed my page and could still see them, so I said I wanted this escalated and solved. He suggested I phoned the main M&M call centre in Deutschland, which I did, and the agent there listened very patiently, gave me the same answer, and opened a technical report, suggesting I rang back later to see if there was a solution.

He also suggested I could cancel the LH flights, and wait for the mileage refund (I didn’t have enough Miles to book the LX until the LH ones had been reposted to my account). I didn’t want to do this due to the risk of losing both sets of flights.

I rang back a couple of times later that day, the LX flights still showing on the M&M site, but I was always told they weren’t available.

Next morning I decided to escalate this so I rang the same UK service centre number, this time getting through to Manila, where I told the lady that I needed to make a complaint about the website functionality. Instead of being obstructive as is often the case with complaints, she asked if she could try to solve the problem before I complained. I explained the problem and that from my point of view as a customer it was not acceptable that their system is out of synch, now for more than 24 hours, with what the customer could see.

She checked their system and the website, agreed that my complaint was valid, went off and spoke to her supervisor about this, and got authority to change it all manually, booking the LX flights before cancelling the LH ones. It took a while, I was on the phone for over an hour, but the change was done. She was pleasant and efficient, as per LP’s comment above.

Overall, not a good experience. After a lot of time and persistence, I got the result I wanted, but it should have been less of a battle.

2 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls