Miles-and-More service interruptionCreate Topic

Home Forums Air Travel Frequent flyer programmes Miles-and-More service interruption

This topic contains 38 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Swissdiver 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Swissdiver
    Participant

Miles-and-More will bluntly interrupt mileage rewarding services for an unknown time “at the end of the month”.

1/ Be prepared and book/upgrade by mid-January
    2/ Don’t be surprised.This is in line with M&M sense of service. They just don’t care about the members… As usual…

http://www.miles-and-more.com/move

LPPSKrisflyer
    Participant

What a very negative interpretation of the web page. All services are upgraded from time to time and this is no different. It is stated that the service interruption will be short not unknown.

Swissdiver
    Participant

Several days: “The system upgrade will only take a few days. During this transition period, your access to Miles & More services will be limited.”

Nothing will work but the miles credit (they say):
    “The following services will be unavailable:
    – Booking flight awards on all airlines
    – Mileage upgrades
    – Hotel and car rental awards
    – Awards for non-travel-related partners such as buch.de
    – Address changes
    – Permission changes
    – PIN changes
    – Online enrolment”

Not that a negative interpretation.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

And if you need to book award tickets their excellent service centres will quickly sort you out. In fact I no longer use the website to book anything but call the dedicated Senator number and book at no extra charge.

Swissdiver
    Participant

Well, LP, nice … for Senators … outside of the period mentioned since this too will be down…

janrotterdam
    Participant

Dear Swissdiver – your interpretation is quite negative. All airlines require to update their services from time to time. I think Miles and More are announcing this well in advance.
    Unlike yourself I have always had adequate and effective service from Miles & More, both online and through their Service Centre!
    I am a Senator in Miles & More, and a Platinum for Life in Air France/KLM, and both have updated their websites at time, with short interruptions.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

It seems it will be down for a couple of days so hopefully not too bad.

I just hope the site will be an improvement and will work with German efficiency unlike the stories we’ve been reading on this forum about SIA’s new “improved” website!

I also hope they will keep the graphics showing how far you’ve travelled as a percentage of the journey to the moon etc. Me and the kids quite like that!

Swissdiver
    Participant

LP: Although it requires manual input, http://www.flightmemory.com allows you to include all your flights and calculate not only the percentage of the distance to the moon, but to the sun :-), your shortest and longest flight, …

Swissdiver
    Participant

Dear Jan,

Service-wise, it seems Senators get something diametrically opposed to regular and silver member. This is what emerged from another thread on the topic.

Regarding the update, they announce “a few days” which is more than two. We’ll see. What strikes me is the impossibility to do anything even by phone during the period.

Swissdiver
    Participant

So now it seems the change will occur in February (http://www.miles-and-more.com/move)… What is annoying me is the pull information. Given the consequences for travellers, MM should certainly adopt a push system of information…

Senator
    Participant

I received a nice letter in the mail last week stating disruption (working off memory here) last two weeks of February.

Personally, I think M&M is doing a rather nice job of keeping everyone updated, setting expectations and providing alternatives.

I am more curious about what the actual “enhancements” will be. I for one hope for:
    Multi segment award bookings
    Include all Star partners

Senator
    Participant

Received the following message this morning in my email:

Moving into the future

Dear Mr. Senator,

As we all know, growth brings changes. And because we would like to provide you with accurately tailored services in the future too, the Miles & More system will be moved to a new, improved online platform from 11 to 18 February 2012.

During the move there will be restrictions on booking awards and changing profile settings.

The following services will be unavailable during this time:
    • Booking flight awards on all airlines
    • Mileage upgrades
    • Hotel and rental car awards
    • Awards with non-travel-related partners, such as buch.de

WorldShop and SWISS Shop awards can, however, still be redeemed.

In your profile you will be unable to make changes to your address, permissions or PIN during the move.

It will also not be possible to credit miles during this time. The miles you have earned will certainly not be lost and will be automatically credited to your account after the system switchover.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience and understanding.

You will find up-to-date information on the status of our move at http://www.miles-and-more.com/move.

Yours sincerely

Rather good of Miles & More I think. I continue to have superb support from the team.

capetonianm
    Participant

Maybe, just maybe, after the upgrade, the availabilty for reward tickets on the M&M website will be synchronised with that on their inventory system. Currently it isn’t and whilst it is often possible to see redemption class seats in the inventory (to which I have access) the point of sale facility on the website limits sales. This means that although I have over 250,000 miles I am unable to book to go anywhere I want for the next 8 months.

As the above poster says, I’s also like to think I’ll be able to use LH miles to upgrade forthcoming flights on SAA, such being one of the purposes of an Alliance.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I too have received the same letter as Senator.

I’ve never had a problem with getting a seat using miles on the internet site other than to popular holiday destinations at peak periods unless booked well in advance. Cape Town is one example and I could imagine Capetonian this is what you’re referring to.

I have booked CPT – MXP via JNB using SAA and Swiss using miles, through the service centre, as I was unable to book via FRA as LH was full.

Coming down last week I booked a one way with Edelweiss in Business using miles. First time and a wonderful day flight! In this case due to a rather full flight it needed Lufthansa’s permission to release the seat for miles, but as a Senator this was granted within minutes of the request.

For a mileage supplement with M&M you can get a seat if all the award seats are gone and even if it’s the last seat on the plane. Not sure if this applies only to Senators though?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.