Miles and More Hacked

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• gsm
    Participant

Just to inform readers my Miles and More was hacked and somone managed to buy on Lufthansa World Shop and sent it to a different address , I have conteacted Miles and more and waiting for an nanswer

just to warn

fwilli
    Participant

Good morning.

Same here. It happened on the 18th of December 2022. Somebody managed to update my main phone number and activate the 2-factor authentication on my account. I cannot change anything without the phone number.
    Called the service desk from miles-and-more, but no help could be provided. This is not acceptable.
    No answer received on my written request, neither.

Meanwhile, somebody just used my miles to book a flight in China…

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Immediately change your password / pin if not already done.

If they booked a ticket that can be easily stopped. Mention to them “security risk” as that often stirs them into action.
    Also, post it on Twitter, they do react quickly to that. I was on the plane and we were delayed with no info from the cockpit, so I Tweeted and had a reply within 5 minutes. Admittedly the answer was to contact the cabin crew for more information, but reply they did!

I now use Proton VPN on all my devices which adds a degree of difficulty (near impossibility) in hacking into your phone or computer. Consider that as well.

gsm
    Participant

miles and more did respond the next day saying that i should go to the police , and then my miles will be recredited i have been to the police and they did discover some information about the hackers because on worldshop they had left some info so the swiss police are going further with miles and more

lets see what happen PG

fwilli
    Participant

Hello again,

I did contact M&M 3 times already. They forwarded my issue to the fraud department. Still no news otherwise.

I cannot even modify my PIN or anything else from my account because they managed to activate the 2-factor authentication based on a bogus phone number…

I asked M&M to block my account but that again is up to the fraud department. They seem to be busy…

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Again I’d use Twitter. In addition, email to whoever replied a photo of you holding your passport, which proves your identity and ask them to expedite this. Hopefully that will help.

gsm
    Participant

just to update Miles wrote to me to go to police which i did and today they wrote out of good will they are giving the miles back Thank G-D

the swiss police -cyber crime dep are following up on the case

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls