Middle East Airlines A330-200 Cedar Class

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

This was a RUH-BEY flight, departing at 2115.

Boarding was the usual RUH pandemonium, but I managed to be first in line and left the chaos behind, as I boarded, to be greeted by surprised crew, as no-one had informed them that pax were on the way.

They quickly recovered their composure and I was shown to my seat (1A) and offered juice before departure, as well as my post departure aperitif being noted.

The seat was by Recaro, very similar to the LH J class offer.

The service was excellent and dinner looked good, although I had eaten on the ground and didn’t partake.

With a short flying time of just over two hours, there was barely time to crank the seat back and relax, before arrival at BEY, where immigration formalities were brief (please note LHR) and I was given a 30 day leave to stay as a tourist, getting through the airport and to my hotel in about 40 minutes after arrival, 15 minutes of which were in the taxi.

In summary, a very good flight experience end-to-end and Middle East Airlines make the short haul products of some of the European carriers look very tired.

LPPSKrisflyer
    Participant

Thanks for this DoS, Mrs LPPS has recently decided that we need a long weekend in BEY in September, it’s not somewhere either of us has ever been. I was wondering about trying MEA and by the sounds of things we will.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Enjoy it LPPS – I only had a 7 hours stay, 4 hours of which were sleeping 🙂

It looked interesting, however.

MEA surprised me, I thought they were very good on all four sectors I flew with them.

When you look at their short/medium haul product, it makes BA/AF/KL/LH look pathetic.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls