Merging Bookings

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Anonymous

Stretch
    Participant

Could anyone please tell me if it is possible to merge 2 separate bookings? I have a BA Executive Club Gold card, and booked flights with BA and Iberia. A few days later, my girlfriend booked the same flights (she has a Bronze card). Would it be possible to merge the 2 bookings so I can choose seats to sit together?

conshaldow
    Participant

I’d suggest contacting either BA or IB, basically just stating the same as above, but I think they may tell you it’s not possible. Good luck to you though.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Yes, just call them up.

You should be able to allocate the special Gold seats to your gf if on the same PNR.

superchris
    Participant

Im showing my age now, but back in the day, merging bookings as such wasnt possible, but the agent, or in this case the airline, would put a note in the booking called ‘TCP’ (stands for to complete booking) and place the corresponding reference number in each booking. It essentially links the booking.

Whether it makes any difference to pre-seating selection I have no idea.

Stretch
    Participant

VintageKrug – What are the “special Gold seats”?

goalie11
    Participant

Hi

As VK says they will link the two bookings for you. They did it a couple of weeks ago for my wife when she decided to travel with me. I actually emailed their gold email address and they did it very quickly.

That gave me access through the ‘manage my booking’ section to pre-book seats in the reserved front section for gold card holders.

goalie11
    Participant

Hi

As VK says they will link the two bookings for you. They did it a couple of weeks ago for my wife when she decided to travel with me. I actually emailed their gold email address and they did it very quickly.

That gave me access through the ‘manage my booking’ section to pre-book seats in the reserved front section for gold card holders.

first_class_please
    Participant

They will not ‘merger’ the bookings, as in you cannot change two bookings each for one person into a booking for two people.

You can do the opposite, split a booking for two people into separate individual bookings though.

What BA will do is link your booking and privileges (advance seating) to the other booking to allow you to sit together.

Last time I had to do this with my wife’s booking who is silver was to email the BA gold desk, gave them both booking references and ask them to seat her in seat XX.

VintageKrug
    Participant

The special Gold seats are 1A/K in F, some bulkhead/emergency/Upper Deck seats in Club (I’ve been Gold since the new seating arrangements so not precisely sure which seats are blocked for normals).

Also row1 on Dom and shorthaul CE.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls