Mellor Loses it At London City

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

VintageKrug
    Participant

An interesting audio clip, former home office minister David Mellor has described how he lost his temper during airport security checks.

“It’s not a communist state, we’re allowed to travel,” he told the Today programme.

[follow link for audio clip]

http://news.bbc.co.uk/today/hi/today/newsid_8884000/8884276.stm

trident3
    Participant

Another ‘self-important has-been’.
    Bet the phrase ‘do you know who I am?’ wasn’t far from surfacing too.

OneA
    Participant

Actually, some of these “bullied at school and not bright enough for the police” jobsworths can be very irritating. On a flight from BHX in June, I found myself going airside at a surprisingly quiet time and took the opportunity to politely ask such a gentleman why I had to remove my belt (gold buckle – detector negative). His highly amusing reply was “You could be concealing something underneath it !!!” I refrained from pointing out that equally I could be concealing something within my trousers or my underpants and would he like me to remove these too. However, my reply of “Oh, I seeeee” was said in such a manner that even he knew that I found his answer stupid in the extreme. Hey Ho, at least the unemployment figures are down!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls