Meet and greet services at Heathrow

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• Anonymous

kelly1379
    Participant

I have recently used a meet and greet company at heathrow called http://www.europarkingheathrow.com The service was great I have previously used park and ride but the meet and greet service is very good, it is so much less stress as you just drive to the airport and someone meets you to take your car to a secure car park and then meets you back at the airport with your car on your arrival. The staff were very professional and friendly. I would definately recommend this company as the service was great and all at a good price.

Binman62
    Participant

Kelly1379..Thanks for the post. Just quoted me £80 for meet and greet using the same dates I have just paid £133 for.
    My only concern was their T&Cs around insurance whilst parked. I would have no problem with this if I had parked the car myself but if they do so and then reserve the right to move it as required then I fear that any dents or scratches could lead to an extracted fight with insurers. None the less they do appear to be offering a very competitive service.

kelly1379
    Participant

hey,

when they met me at the airport they do a car check where they commented any scratches or dents on the car incase anything happened while I was away which it didnt but just incase then I would have proof that the car was fine before I left.

CallMeIshmael
    Participant

I use these services fairly frequently and habitually use my 3G phone to video the car at drop off or collection.

kelly1379
    Participant

thats a good idea, I have used alot of different car parking services at different airprts and most have used the pictures of a car to mark if there is a scratch but im guessing videoing the car first would be good proof if needed.

NTarrant
    Participant

A colleague of mine always uses a valet parking service at LHR, not sure if it is the same one. He always speaks highly of it.

I have to be honest and say that I just don’t trust them to drive my car or where they park them. Particularly after the problems at LGW which were on the TV a few years ago.

Many years ago the only long term parking at LTN was valet. I remember collecting my car on the one and only occasion to watch the guy move the car infront of mine as he reved the guts out the diesel engined car infront of mine. It took me days to get the seat right!

kelly1379
    Participant

I think it really is a trust thing with meet and greet as you do have to trust the company to drive your car but once you have found a good company that offer a good service, meet and greet is very stress free and also saves alot of time.

Bill_Hants
    Participant

I agree with kelly1379. Valet parking is very stress-free, and of course if you have an upmarket car with ‘memory’ seats, a touch of the button – and whoosh – your seat is back to your very own comfy settings.

Binman62
    Participant

Kelly1379…..Photographs of the car will not help if they maintain that the problem occurred when the car was parked and for reasons not within their control. Their T&Cs are clear, the car is insured when they drive but when parked it is your problem. I think this is unreasonable and a risk but like others I am probably taking it every time I use a valet parking firm. I also tend to read the mileage when I drop it off as well as the petrol gauge.

kelly1379
    Participant

Oh i see what you mean, ye I always read the mileage as I once had a bad experience with a company at Gatwick who used my car to drive people around while I was away. I think with meet and greet you are always taking a risk but once you have found a company that you trust and who offer a good service then you tend to stick with that company which is what I will do esp as I do alot of travelling for business.

Cwyfan
    Participant

I have used both drivefly and sky drive at Heathrow, and they have been excellent, particularly at T5. The two companies are related, and they will always price match others

They once waited until 1am in the morning, when my return was delayed, and even turned up when I was a day wrong with my timings.

The police kitemark these services, so always check that they have that.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls