Meal availability in Club World?

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

• TominScotland
    Participant

JohnHarper

Maybe the answer to your question lies here, in another thread?

28th November

AMcWhirter – Participant

Weak passenger demand means that TK will be grounding 30 aircraft.

Reports say that 12 x A330-300s are grounded in Antalya. Four A320s are grounded in Ankara. Others will follow.

Article from airliners.de in German language.

http://www.airliners.de/turkish-airlines-nachfrageschwaeche-maschinen/40157

Have the Turkish Government released the 200+ TK staff that were arrested after the ‘coup’?

SimonS1
    Participant

[quote quote=776174]BA recently did a trial where there was no choice of starter and a generic one was handed out. It worked SO much better than the choice.
    [/quote]

For the airline I’m sure it did, yes.

FaroFlyer
    Participant

Heelo FDOS, I agree with AlexF. It is not a soft spot for a large corporation, but a feeling of home coming after a trip away somewhere. Getting on a BA A380 in HK and having a G&T is “comforting”.

I was interested in your seminar on brand management, and wonder what the definition of a brand is? To me it is total consistency of product or service, good or bad. Ryanair is a brand, and is consistent on all routes. Heinz baked beans, and all other Heinz products are a brand, as there is total consistency, like Coca Cola and Windows. Probably Virgin Atlantic is still a brand.

To me there is no longer a hotel brand, at normal mortals’ level, but there are many household names such as Hilton. In my opinion Hilton, or I could say Crowne Plaza, Sheraton or Marriott, are not brands as there is no consistency even within a country. BA is no longer a brand as the product is inconsistent. Vueling probably is a brand as the product is consistent. Car rental companies are also no longer brands, in my view, just household names. Last week I had 2 rentals in group J with Avis. First at VCE a J car was a BMW2 series diesel automatic, or equivalent. Second was at CDG where a J group with Avis was a Peugeot 208.

Is my differentiation between a brand and a household name fair?

JohnHarper
    Participant

[quote quote=776601]JohnHarper

Maybe the answer to your question lies here, in another thread?

[/quote]

Tom had you bothered to read what I wrote you would see I made exactly the same point as the one in the thread you quote only I made it twenty four hours earlier and I based it on real experience rather than reporting.

Do try to keep up.

FaroFlyer
    Participant

Chengdu deals are not recent desperation. Last month I did SVQ > CTU return HKG > FAO in BA CW for €1,720. Hong Kong is not normally a good price departure point. Last year I did KLM LIS > CTU RT for €1,100 and KL are still operating the route, but higher than BA.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls