McDonalds Dunkirk Marine

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• Anonymous

MrMichael
    Participant

My meeting finished later than planned on my visit to Dunkirk so I decided to pop in to McDonalds nearby for a bit of sustenance prior to my drive to the channel tunnel.

The restaurant is situated on the edge of the port and had fine views of lorries, scrap metal and what I think was iron ore pellets. As I entered the restaurant I was pleased to see that I did not have to wait to be seated, it appeared to be one of those places one just grabs a table, so I did so near the window with the picturesque views over the marina.

I sat down and made myself comfortable, the table was not laid but I figured it would be laid after I had ordered. I waited for well over ten minutes and I had still not seen hide nor hare of a waiter. After a while it dawned on me as I tore myself away from the view and watched the comings and goings that people were getting their food from a counter. I ambled up and ordered myself a bacon double cheese. It was delivered to me in double quick time along with a coffee and a napkin. It was put on a little red tray with a paper doily that seemed to have info about the menu on it. I thought it rather odd that one was given the menu choices after one had got ones food, but hey ho, this is Dunkirk.

I sat down to devour my feast, in a different seat this time as someone had nobbled mine with the picturesque view while I was getting my meal. The coffee was good, the bacon double cheese had a beef burger in it, plastic cheese, over cooked bacon and a bread bun that was somewhat like eating a slightly wet Carrs water biscuit. I wolfed it down as I was hungry, but cannot in all honesty say it was an enjoyable dining experience. I must say though, considering the coffee was from a machine it was surprisingly good. Once I had finished my meal I waited for the bill, but then remembered I had paid at the counter. I did not feel much like tipping so I quickly used to loo and sneaked out without doing so.

Would I recommend it to a friend……only FDOS
    Would I return…..only if I really have to, am starving, my taste buds are numbed.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

I went to this McDonalds and the Oscietra caviar was perfectly complemented by Vintage Krug.

At the same time, it was highly entertaining to watch the French strikers burning hay bales and tyres by the car ferry entrance, because some ‘Anglais’ had spelled Dunkerque as Dunkirk (which sounds like Tom in Scotland’s local religious outlet.)

Would I recommend it to a friend – only Voldemort

Would I return – only under duress

icenspice
    Participant

Great review MrMichael.

On your next visit I recommend the succulent chicken nuggets or even a regular hamburger × 3.

And no apologies for being frank, but I don’t think you are safe to be let out.

A huge hug and have a fun weekend.

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

Mr Michael, you’ve forgotten to mention if there was a cheese plate or not… My future mastication aux arches d’orées is attendant upon such crucial information.

And presumably the seating issue arose because they have the same software supplier and issue as BA?!

FDOS_UK
    Participant

“And presumably the seating issue arose because they have the same software supplier and issue as BA?!”

Nah, their maitre d’ was formerly employed by easyJet, the one who moved a passenger into my window exit seat when I was in the lav during boarding!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Nice one. Anything to do with the date perhaps?

MrMichael
    Participant

Icenspice, Thank you, shame you could not make Dunkerque, was hoping for at least a glass of Vino with you. Why do I get the impression you think I am fat? I am not. Hugs back!

AnthonyDunn, I had a form of cheese in my Bacon Double Cheese, it was rather like the type of cheese I recall from my Army compo rations back in the 70’s. I did not even see a plate in the place, let alone one with cheese worth eating on it.

FDOS, The seating arrangements were most disappointing. As I do on a day flight I do like a window to enjoy the views, and in the case of McDonalds Dunkerque Marine they were views one can only hope are forgettable. I am figuring that the prime spots in the restaurant (the window seats) were actually reserved for McGolds and it was rather impertinent of me to upgrade myself in such a manner.

I must say though, the Wifi was free and fast, and no sign of rats!

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

Just how many chicken McNuggets and fries before you obtain the all important Golden Arches Gold (gag) card? This, of course, is one step up from the lesser Golden Arches Silver (gas) card. Do either include a free self-treatment heartburn, indigestion and flatulence kit as part of the club package? And what about the priority queue for gag card members. Does this extend to the drive-through service, avoiding the shopping mall en route?

icenspice
    Participant

Too much fun.

That would be nice MrMichael. Hopefully I will catch up with you one day. Just make sure you don’t have one of those silly meetings the following day.

I think I used the word ‘chunky’ in a previous thread – as in a rugby forward – and was intended as a sign of affection.

Oh dear, I fear MrsMichael will be on my case pronto.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

MrMichael – 01/04/2016 15:39 BST

Not McGolds, but McBlacks, only obtainable by special invite – issued after eating the whole menu in one sitting – obviously, this is often a posthumous award, which explains why one sees the same McBlacks in the same seats, every visit.

PhilipHart
    Participant

Nice one @MrMichael et al. LMAO!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls