Mauritius advice

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Greg
    Participant

Just approaching the end of few weeks of winter / summer sun in Mauritius. If anybody wants to ask any questions from weather to COVID testing to accommodation to car hire to masks, to anything else, I’m happy to share my experiences.

AnthonyConstantinou
    Participant

What about the Testing and COVID-19 Status there?

Greg
    Participant

You will need a PCR test on arrival and a lateral flow test on day 5. If you stay at a recognised hotel, testing is done there. If (like us) you stay at an apartment or house, the arrival test is done at the airport, while the day 5 test is unsupervised. We have booked our fit to fly home test at the Grand Baie Clinic who assure us we will get the necessary certification required by BA / the UK. If you want to spend you whole time at a hotel or resort, I believe they have doctors attending daily for regular testing.

As for other COVID-19 issues

There are (supervised) temperature testing machines and sanitizing gel at the entrance of every supermarket, cafe and restaurant. One restaurant asked us for COVID vaccination certificates, but we could have shown them a copy of my mothers birth certificate. However the intention is good.

As for mask wearing WOW !!!!! I just wish I could upload photos of the guys cycling along the northern coast road in 30+ degree heat, the single people waiting at a bus stop in the middle of nowhere, one lady driving a Mercedes E-Class convertible with the roof down and EVERY person on the streets of Grand Bay ALL WEARING MASKS. I would say that 75% of people walking along the stretch of beach we use, also wears a mask, and it all adds confidence to our holiday.

In summary I feel much safer here than back in any town in the UK.

7 users thanked author for this post.

N1lle
    Participant

Hi Greg,

Me, my wife and 2 children are travelling to Mauritius on jan 31 2022. Me and my wife have both taken two doses of vaccin and our children are unvaccinated. On Mauritiusnow it says that after 2 doses you are considered fully vaccinated. However, I stumbled across an article saying that after jan 15 the definition of fully vaccinated will change. According to this article, after jan 15 you need to have taken a 3rd dose to be considered fully vaccinated.

However, I cannot find any information as to what this would mean for me and my wife. Would we have to quarantine during our trip since we have only taken two doses?

All the best,
    Niclas

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls