Massive Offer: BA Makes ALL Redemptions 50% Off

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

• alwaysinclub
    Participant

I am really impressed, I have made 5 return bookings in World Traveller Plus from LHR-DXB for friends and relatives. Yes I had to be flexible on dates, but hey it was only 2-3 days either side.
    I am just wondering why now and what is the reason, surely it is not because they are feeling kind!

luxury_travel
    Participant

I suspect and quite confident the fuel sucharge will come down within weeks or even days as it is already the case for many foreign airlines. But with 50% discount on redemption on flight using BA Miles, this simply is an offer not to be missed. I managed to book a flight for 3 of us using Amex 2 for 1 voucher LHR-HKG return in First all for 240k BA Miles and pay only £1100 in tax, cheaper than paying full price for Economy which would have cost £1700. Bargain. Thanks BA for its generosity.

Pesko111
    Participant

Amazing offer. I managed to get 2 first class flights from LHR to ATL in May. Along with my redemption voucher only 75,000 for both tickets and £650 in taxes! What a bargain.

flyingformiles
    Participant

Offer ends midnight tonight. I think BA will have seen a substantial reduction in unused miles and will have seem a big increase in ‘seats sold’, particularly premium classes.

We got two return tickets to BKK in First for 120,000 miles, a 2-4-1 and £768… a return economy ticket with BA is £820 each!

pat_travels
    Participant

i grumbled on 22nd about not getting the flights I wanted BUT in the end booked 5 rtn tickets in Club and FIRST and got a mega saving on the amex voucher booking SO WELL DONE BA – Nice one

acullimore
    Participant

Yeah ….alright it was a good offer, but availability was not exactly very helpful. I wanted to book a return for two from Sao Paulo to London in July,…..no availability in Economy, Premium economy or Club in July or June for that matter. In First however there was bags of space which was good if you had the 210000 miles I needed……err I didnt.

flyingformiles
    Participant

“Yeah ….alright it was a good offer, but availability was not exactly very helpful.”

Personally I would say availability was improved for the sale as I am sure others would agree. There will always be some people unhappy with availability.

Were you specific with dates or did you look at booking on any date? Certain destinations are always tough and booked out well in advance. Some people wanting to go to Sao Paulo would have booked awards seats in July 08 for July 09, etc.

FCTraveller
    Participant

That was a great one, I hope they repeat it this year. I travel to Canada in first regularly and booked 4 trips for 2009 which were fully flexible and I could change at a drop of a hat. What a bargain.

VintageKrug
    Participant

I can’t see it being repeated in the same format.

But something like a 25% off miles redemptions would be sensible.

With some premium fares available in the sale at bargain prices (£1099 rtn in http://www.newclubworld.com direct to Tampa, Florida), for those not needing the flexibility of a mileage ticket, it is IMHO worth stumping up the extra cash and taking advantage of the miles (and Tier Point) earning potential of these fares.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls