Massive Offer: BA Makes ALL Redemptions 50% Off

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

• Anonymous

VintageKrug
    Participant

NOTE THIS OFFER IS NOW EXPIRED AND IS UNLIKELY TO BE REPEATED

all

We are in the process of sending an email globally to all of our members to let you know that we have a fantastic sale on reward flights starting today – in fact it’s our best ever!

There will be 50% off all return standard redemption bookings for 7 days only. Bookings need to be made by midnight GMT on 28 November.

Full terms and conditions will be sent with our email but here are some of the main conditions:

-Reductions on redemption fares across all cabins
    -Available on BA Miles only (not Part Cash Part Miles or Miles for Upgrade)
    -Book between 21-28th November 2008
    -No travel period restrictions
    -Pre-registration not required
    -Offer on all routes on BA mainline scheduled services with a BA prefix, but
    not on not on services operated wholly or partly by BA’s franchisees,
    codeshare partners or oneworld™ alliance members.

Any queries or feedback please let me know.

Best regards

http://www.ba.com

BAGoldcard
    Participant

I received the email.

Great news, except the system is not working:

” Error
    Unfortunately our systems are not responding, so we are unable to process your request at the moment. We apologise for this inconvenience and suggest you try again later.”

Must be due to the huge interest!

Edited to add:

Now the message has changed to:

” Error
    Sorry, due to heavy internet traffic, there was a problem with your request. Please try again.”

pat_travels
    Participant

A truly exceptional offer and one I will be taking full advantage of………..thats when I can log onto the site!!!!!

WELL DONE BA

viking01
    Participant

It was very busy, so I thought I’d phone up using the silver card number. A recorded message told me that I would be waiting for half an hour. So that was the end of that.

One point – it is a good saving, but I was looking at flying to Abu Dhabi. The flights are around £400 in economy, of which over £200 is taxes, which of course will still be charged with a redemption booking. So though it only uses half the miles, to fly myself, the lady viking and the three smaller vikings, still costs over £1,000 in taxes in economy.

Lin–ny
    Participant

Keep clicking on the continue button, after 6-7 tries you will get a quote etc…………….

ajay_p8
    Participant

After a few attempts I did manage to log on. The system was pretty slow but I managed to book a first class trip from Delhi to New York and back. Awesome value for 135,000 miles.

luxury_travel
    Participant

This is a great remedy for the Credit Crunch, an extremely hard time felt by many, and a great way to keep employment within the air industry by keeping people flying. However, I don’t think it’s giving as much as 50% off as it stated, I tried to book a First Class return from LHR to HKG, it is asking for 120000 miles instead of a normal 160000 miles. Still, it is a rather promising bargain. But I do wonder when will BA drops its’ fuel surcharge as oil price this week is below the USD $50 mark.

pat_travels
    Participant

To good to be true and I was proved correct when I finally got access to the booking process………… limited seats available. I am being flexible with dates but but the lapse between outward and inward flights on some routes is over 4 weeks, thats not a lot of good to many people who want a trip away for 10 days, 2 weeks etc

Alas my 225,000 miles will remain in my account!

VintageKrug
    Participant

Availability is not all that bad – I snagged a few good deals and know others who have got just what they wanted.

Availability is still good in F to many destination, especially if you are flying midweek; 50k BA Miles return in http://www.newclubworld.com from London or Europe Zone 1 to any US destination is not to be sniffed at!

CMoir12
    Participant

I am having no difficulty getting flights and have booked about 8 so far. Timely offer as I was flying from LHR-SFO next Friday in Club using points – I rebooked and then cancelled saving 50,000 miles which I have used to go to Kiev in Club with my partner saving over GBP2,000!

flyingformiles
    Participant

@ luxury_travel – First class to HKG is normally 240,000 miles, business is 160,000 miles so it is indeed giving you 50% off when it says 120,000.

An excellent deal!

luxury_travel
    Participant

I admit I made an error on the miles required for a return between LHR and HKG in First. The fact is the deal is so good, I’d booked a flight in Christmas for my family of three. Looking forward to the overall experience from airport to airport.

flyingformiles
    Participant

I agree – it’s an amazing deal and from what I’ve read on other sites/forums BA appear to have increased availability for the promotion.

Lin–ny
    Participant

Just booked a companion award ticket (2 club class) to Toronto next May, no problem, got the exact date!!!! Paid only £670 in tax ETC……

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls