Massive Marriott Data Breach

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• frustratedflyer
    Participant

So just 500 million guests impacted by the Marriott data breach that has been going on for 4 years. I calculate that to be 1 in 15 or the world’s population! Impressive! I wonder if anyone on this Forum has not been impacted?

Anyone received an email yet?

Mark Caswell
    Keymaster

rferguson
    Participant

I read that the combination of the Marriott, BA, CX and Uber data breaches represents 7% of the worlds population that has been affected.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I booked with them just 3 days ago, but apart from a confirmation I’ve not had an email from them about this.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I was hit by both the BA ad now Marriott hack… not an email, notification or message on the website. If it is true, 500 million customers have been affected, the cynical side of me says, what an amazing marketing opportunity for Marriott.

There is an SPG website about the hack, but it does not tell you much…

I have 2 Marriott bookings coming up, I wonder if there will be a bottle of something (apart from soap) in my room, with an apology…

Lat year, pre GDPR, I inadvertently sent an email to a .com instead of a .co.uk email address with no bounce back. My firms data protection office treated me as is I had committed first degree murder…. it was only an invite to a dinner…

Bottom line – what can Joe Public do about these hack????

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls