Massive Airbus order

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• mkcol74
    Participant

Quite surprised to not see much coverage of this and this here on BT (so far).

I had no idea that all those airlines had common ownership.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=837330]Quite surprised to not see much coverage of this and this here on BT (so far).
    I had no idea that all those airlines had common ownership.
    [/quote]

Interesting, thanks for sharing mkcol74, I was not aware of the order or Indigo Partners.

philsquares
    Participant

I don’t think they have common ownership but more like Indigo Partners (not to be confused with Indigo in India) is a leasing company which leases to those respective airlines.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

We tend not to write up the orders at the airshows.

I can see how it’s of interest to some readers, but these orders are for many years in the future, and as you know, often don’t materialise or are substantially changed.

I think Indigo Partners actually invests in these airlines, because I remember reading it was intending to sell its stake in Wizz.

In summary – the 430 single aisle Airbus aircraft order is for 4 airlines (Frontier of the US, JetSmart of Chile, Volaris of Mexico and Wizz Air of Hungary), all of which Indigo Partners is invested in.

The (separate) B737 order is for Flydubai – 175 B737 Max aircraft and options for a further 50.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls