"Marshall guitar amp in every room" – music to your ears?

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Mark Caswell
    Keymaster

Munich-based hotel brand Ruby Hotels is opening its first London property this summer, and is promising guitar amps in every room and the option of borrowing a guitar from reception.

To be fair the group does stress that rooms have “full soundproofing”, and the amps double up as docking stations for personal devices – Ruby also has its own internet radio station.

What do readers think about the chance to “light up the night with your own jam session” while on the road? What are the best / worst / most unusual amenities you have experienced in a hotel room?

GivingupBA
    Participant

Best is the mobile phone on the desk in the room with free calls including international (several countries) at Hyatt hotels in Hong Kong. Really useful to me.

1 user thanked author for this post.

capetonianm
    Participant

Stayed at the Rembrandt in Kensington last year and they had a mobile for guests. Fantastic idea for visitors, including free calls to many countries. Saw it somewhere else more recently too, think it may have been in a hotel in Lisbon.

I once stayed in a hotel in Accra and on entering my room found a local lady pre-installed on my bed for my ‘entertainment’. I have to say that when I told her, nicely, that I wasn’t going to be using her services, she was most gracious about it and uninstalled herself pretty fast.

Edited by moderator

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

[quote quote=921173]Best is the mobile phone on the desk in the room with free calls including international (several countries) at Hyatt hotels in Hong Kong. Really useful to me.[/quote]

Yes, I think those are the Handy ones

Free smartphone will be in one million hotel rooms

MartynSinclair
    Participant

[quote quote=921173]Best is the mobile phone on the desk in the room with free calls including international (several countries) at Hyatt hotels in Hong Kong. Really useful to me.[/quote]

I think several hotels offer similar service (Sheraton do). Not only free calls, but also free data which you can hotspot onto another phone.

Just remember to clear the phone before leaving…

1 user thanked author for this post.

Michael Allen

@GivingupBA Would you mind to drop me a note at Michael.Allen @ panaceaasia.com? I’m working on a feature about in-room technology. I’d be interested to get some further thoughts from you on Handy smartphones.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls