Marriott Rewards programme to be rebranded Marriott Bonvoy?

Back to Forum

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  travelsforfun 28 Nov 2018
at 18:40

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Mark Caswell
    Keymaster

Regular readers will be aware that Marriott is in the process of combining its Marriott Rewards, Starwood Preferred Guest and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards programmes.

Account access was integrated earlier this year, and a new single brand name is set to be officially launched in early 2019.

But it looks like the name may have been leaked ahead of this, with various travel blogs and forums citing a test site (now taken down) which details the Marriott Bonvoy branding.

https://insiders.marriottrewards.com/thread/56591

What do readers think about this new name, if indeed it proves to be accurate?

frustratedflyer
    Participant

Sounds like a toy, device or cheap car to me.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

think its a catchy and clever name… don’t think it will make a blind bit of difference to Marriot points

GivingupBA
    Participant

What do readers think about this new name, if indeed it proves to be accurate?

“Bonvoy” sounds silly to me. Perhaps they mean “Bon voyage”?

travelsforfun
    Participant

I’ve heard ‘Bon appetit’ shortened to ‘Bon app’ (by English speakers) so I’m guessing it’s similarly the contraction of ‘Bon voyage’. Personally, I think both sound ridiculous.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls