Manchester Airport shambles continues

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 117 total)

• PA_Flyer
    Participant

This is Tuesday’s chaos from T1 Manchester Airport.
    Supposedly a quieter day in the week!
    Queues again in front of terminal building & between 90 & 180 minute delays

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/chaotic-scenes-manchester-airport-passengers-23676629 and

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/manchester-airport-passengers-hit-more-23666973

for recent updates

stevescoots
    Participant

came thru T2 from DOH this morning and was strait thru and out the door in under 20 mins

1 user thanked author for this post.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Mancunians will not be pleased by Tui.

It has cancelled very many flights between now and the end of June.

[registration needed to read the complete article]

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/tui-cancel-flight-holiday-manchester-b2090993.html

SimonS1
    Participant

[postquote quote=1215623]

Tui even have co-pilots helping with baggage loading.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-61646001

stevescoots
    Participant

I arrived at T2 yesterday morning at 7 am. Immigration was empty and through in minutes. All E gates open and staff on as well.

The long walk to baggage hall was noticeable by none of the travelators working and it was filthy dirty, rubbish everywhere, empty bottles, cups etc. Baggage hall was worse like the Mary celeste, and I estimated around 4 full flights worth of bags stacked up besides the carousels with no owners in site. Cannot see them stuck on planes as immigration was empty so my guess would be they were there from the day before and so delayed the passengers left to go home without them!
    Got back to the official MAN valet car pick up to find they had damaged my car! 2 dings and deep scratches which meant another 45 mins hanging about waiting for a manager to come from the other side of the airport to look at. Now I await the expected fight for them to pay for it!

Made a mistake going to the car and went into departures hall and they were lined up half length just to get into security

SimonS1
    Participant

Police called in to advise travellers their holiday is cancelled.

Seriously where is the CAA in all this. Hiding?

Police called in to tell tourists at airport their TUI holidays are cancelled

Keith
    Participant

I wonder if management are humping bags and marshalling queues. I was told not. What a shambles of leadership

alistairNicoll
    Participant

Fear not Grant Shapps is on the case

Keith
    Participant

🤣🤣🤣 he’s an embarrassment too

alistairNicoll
    Participant

[postquote quote=1216103]

well he is wheeled out to explain the impossible and of course absolutely none of this shambles has anything whatsoever to do with the government who have given full and wholehearted support and are not causing any delays to the recruitment of staff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

According to reports the aviation industry has received GBP10/12 billion + or – in support, depending on which media you read. So what did they do with that other than sacking people. It appears they simply got their planning wrong yet given the current cancellation chaos some airlines are still flogging holiday packages when the chance of cancellation remains high. How can the government be held responsible for airline recruitment?

Keith
    Participant

I think airports for security lines and ground handlers for check in and baggage and airlines for flight crew are all complicit the issue is not only pay it’s the hours The staff laid off have often found work that doesn’t involve 0400 clock in shifts Fundamentally wages must go up. Airlines must pay handlers more and airports be less greedy. See LHR and others

2 users thanked author for this post.

ASK1945
    Participant

[quote quote=1216213]some airlines are still flogging holiday packages when the chance of cancellation remains high[/quote]

I guess that I am not the only one who has received an email every day this week from BA inviting me to book a trip with them this month. You couldn’t make this up.

7 users thanked author for this post.

ViajeroUK
    Participant

Had to smile at the marketing email I received from BA on Wednesday this week, it was headed:-

“Our travel offers are back. Don’t miss the boat”

Are they planning to start a cruise/ferry division to avoid taking a flight at all?

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 117 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls