Manchester Airport shambles continues

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 117 total)

• SimonS1
    Participant

rferguson
    Participant

I passed through MAN T1 on Sunday evening. All I can say is that over twenty years of travelling to every part of the globe as both aircrew and a passenger I have never ever seen such a shambolic embarrassment. It was absolute carnage. By this time the issues had been widely reported so it was not a huge surprise to see ridiculously long, non moving queues.

What was a surprise was the total and utter lack of any information, any announcements, ANY organisation or mitigations at all. It was a depressing sight, people that had arrived hours ahead of their flights in tears as they missed them, tempers flaring. It took me two hours to get through and I was in the ‘priority’ line.

As my backpack was scanned, I removed my empty re-useable water bottle from the bag and put it alongside the backpack and it was sided off to be checked – that the water bottle was empty. This is the ONLY airport where they do these completely pointless checks.

Manchester Airport truly is a national disgrace and the management should all hang their heads in shame.

5 users thanked author for this post.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

What have Manchester Airport management been doing for the past 2 and a half years..

Clearly enjoying the benefits of furlough…

esselle
    Participant

Flying back into MAN from MEL in EK first class later today.

Reading these latest posts fills me with dread. I am pretty confident that the journey itself will be excellent, until I step off the aircraft………

K1ngston
    Participant

[postquote quote=1207663]

They should be named and shamed by the Government and put on report, this is no way to treat people after 2.5 years of no travel, and as Martyn suggested what were these “so called Managers” doing for that period?? If they dont improve take away their license and give to a company that can manage an airport ….Disgraceful!

2 users thanked author for this post.

Johnnyg
    Participant

Are the issues just Manchester centric or also the MAG at Stanstead and to a lesser extent EMA as well?

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

rferguson – Manchester Airport truly is a national disgrace and the management should all hang their heads in shame.
    Sadly there are far to many companies, or rather senior management who, when faced with a barrage of justified criticism, simply stick the methaphorical two fingers up becausee they believe they can get away with it.

MarcusGB
    Participant

It seems many of the main hubs are all the same, never having met the quality of our EU Airports.

I see huge progression at Schiphol during the 2 year lull, almost a new Terminal extended, as well as it gleaming clean and refreshed in every place.
    I sympathise with those at MAN, LHR, and to come we shall see about LGW. I realise regional airports have little choice.

Personally i am choosing an extra stop to transit through an EU Airport, and another carrier.
    It makes departure and arrivals predictable cutting 2-3 hrs from my North London home, less Drama, rudeness, and stress.
    I also avoid the long haul APD that does not exist and the same destinations up to £1,000 less from LHR paying in Euros also, and more efficient airport.

I see some airlines have doubled the norm pre Pandemic fares, so i refuse to get ripped off for really awful service!
    Neither will i pay the absurd APD just to get off the Island we live on, where all others have abolished if never introduced it, amongst all the other charges!
    Remember and remind Security, that on yr ticket you pay £15-20 just to go through, and are entitled to a decent service!

4 users thanked author for this post.

SimonS1
    Participant

[postquote quote=1207694]

I’ve been through Stansted 5 times this year. The security queue has definitely grown but typically 30 mins each time. Unfortunately the owners have taken advantage of the return of passengers by closing many of the food and beverage outlets for refurbishment.

Provide you manage expectations (ie be aware that Stansted is a total dump) it is OK.

1 user thanked author for this post.

tonywells1961
    Participant

Check in is a shambles.
    Queues for security are off the scale.
    Boarding is a shambles.
    Most of the walkways and lifts are out or order.
    A thoroughly miserable passenger experience.
    However they have opened some fancy new “Gender neutral” toilets.

Even the staff were gobsmacked.

Well done 👏

cwoodward
    Participant

I suppose that offers a small modicum of needed relief to some – and total confusion to others!

What’s ‘gender natural’ please ?

K1ngston
    Participant

[quote quote=1207856]relief[/quote]
    For those who dont know if their coming or going perhaps cwoodward?????

ASK1945
    Participant

[quote quote=1207856]What’s ‘gender natural’ please ?[/quote]

It’s gender “neutral”, not “natural” (in all senses of the latter word!).

These are toilets used by both sexes, if they are all cubicles – after all every plane has these. However, they may cause some difficulty for women. The furore is that some so-called “neutral” toilets are converted male ones, with the urinals retained so that women have to walk past these whilst males are using them. Ugh!

esselle
    Participant

[postquote quote=1207673]

Pleased to be able to report that we arrived to a near empty T1 immigration hall, that our four checked bags popped onto the baggage belt as soon as it started moving, and that we were in the car within 25 minutes of landing.

And Ek F remains a great way to fly.

SimonS1
    Participant

[postquote quote=1208054]

Terminal 3?

Yep, EK still manage the premium things well. Lounges generally a cut above BA too.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 117 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls