Manchester Airport new “Green Policy”

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Anonymous

Gin&Tonic
    Participant

Being a regular traveller through Manchester Airport, your fist instinct is normally to defend your local facilities but now Manchester Airport management just goes one step too far.

For months in various terminals various escalators and automatic doors have failed to operate, this is nothing new for Manchester and the repair time is normally lengthy, meaning one has to plan several diversion routes to/from car parks etc. in the various terminals.
    However now after several week of various equipment not working signs have appeared on the equipment claiming this is Manchester’s initiative to be “green” and save the planet. How very convenient. Let’s not be concerned for the traveller with luggage, or the traveller who just wants to get to and from an aircraft with the maximum ease and believe the airports facilities and infrastructure are designed to assist the passenger from whom all revenue and profit is obtained.
    I am not anti-green, what I am anti is anybody claiming to be when they are not!

watersz
    Participant

As my ow n local airport I fume almost everytime i land , to be faced with huge queue’s and automatic passport machines all closed with staff doing thier manuel from fawlty towers impression “I know nothong” when I ask why ?

quite frequently i have wished I had a non eu passport when I see that line empty

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls