Manchester Airport stops publishing live Arrival and Departure information on its website and app

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• SimonS1
    Participant

Latest enhancement- remove arrivals and departures from their website.

Passengers should contact their airline.

Progress?

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/manchester-airport-live-flight-information-20716401.amp

1 user thanked author for this post.

cwoodward
    Participant

….and there was I thinking that Europe’s worst major gateway airport couldn’t get any worse!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

What surprises me more is the airport (and other airports) haven’t created revenue by advertising the numerous firms that offer extremely detailed flight status, instead of using their own online arrivals / departure boards.

Take FlightAware as just one example; not only does it provide extremely detailed flight status, but it can also inform you about the current status of the aircraft you are waiting to board (i.e. if it’s late arriving, where is it).

ASK1945
    Participant

I use the paid for version of Flightradar 24, which is also comprehensive. It is still showing full details for Manchester Airport flight departures and arrivals.

4 users thanked author for this post.

alistairNicoll
    Participant

….and there was I thinking that Europe’s worst major gateway airport couldn’t get any worse!

Indeed but rest assured I am sure they have more plans up their sleeves in their race to the bottom

jjlasne
    Participant

Any idea why?

David61
    Participant

It can -and no doubt will. The airport rip off capital of the world.

Eastbourneguy
    Participant

Manchester Airport MUST be the worst anywhere in the OK – possibly Europe
    After flying there last week to be told by BA that the flight will operate from T1 – you still have to walk to T3 to claim bags – and there is no transport facilities outside T3 –

Waited over an hour for the Car Rental bus from T1 along with 25 other passengers – who were informed by the car rental village, finally on arrival there, that the driver was on a break!

No facilities open for departing passengers in T1

Couldn’t care less attitude from staff in the terminal – with the usual Covid excuse for poor service
    Appalling airport that was once the gem of the area

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Not forgetting MAN’s drop off fees for those wishing to stop outside the terminal or train station.

When the fees were introduced in 2018 they were £3 for five mins rising to a maximum of £4 for 10 mins.

Manchester airport to introduce drop-off fees

Now the airport says the fees in 2021 are £5 for five mins, £6 for 10 mins and £25 (twenty five pounds) thereafter.

https://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/parking/pick-up-and-drop-off-info/

Not so long ago MAN imposed a “recirculation fee” if drivers returned to the drop area too soon (presumably to avoid the £25 fee) but the former now appears to have been dropped.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls