MAN terminal 3 Immigration

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• seasonedtraveller
    Participant

My previous 2 arrivals into T3, from BLL and NUE have been pretty bad really.

Arriving off a 90 minute flight to be faced with the queues for passport control stretching right down the corridor.

For some reason, those with EU identity cards were directed to the front whilst those like me, with British passport, waited 45-50 minutes to pass through.
    I find this wait time unacceptable.

Last week when I queried the time taken I was told that ” you have to wait for your luggage anyway”……why do they assume that?
    I had hand baggage only.

Arriving at 0830 this morning with train booked at 0915…..let’s see what happens, not holding my breath.

Flightlevel
    Participant

We have to consider who it was that reduced Immigration services. She’s PM now!

Globalti
    Participant

Manchester is my home airport and it’s a national embarrassment. It’s actually a shopping mall and pub with a runway outside; passengers for charter flights are told to check in THREE hours early because it’s certain that during that time they will want to eat or drink something or do some light shopping. This has the awkward side-effect that a few folk board the plane drunk as skunks; it’s really quite a shock to see them necking pints of Euro-fizz at 07:00. The immigration staff at Ts 1 and 3 are surly and the E gates are seldom fully operational. The terminals are the usual UK style confusing mish-mash of corridors and levels, they are grubby and the toilets are smelly. The security staff have a particularly nasty jobsworth attitude and will “bump” a case for inspection even for a forgotten 1 ml bottle of shaver oil; while waiting one has a strong feeling of being punished. I hate using Manchester.

Flightlevel
    Participant

Do JD Power do a survey of UK airports or atleast EU international airports.
    They could do one annually like their US airports survey reported by BT.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls