Man climbs on top of BA plane

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

• SimonS1
    Participant

Climate change chaps at work.

IMG_5048

capetonianm
    Participant

I read somewhere that he glued himself onto the top of the fuselage. They should have taken off with him in situ, he would have become well and truly unstuck, literally and figuratively.

I have some appreciation for what these people are trying to achieve but the way they are going about is moronic.

“BA’s New Economy”……

2 users thanked author for this post.

thebigseats
    Participant

An utter waster who should be arrested, convicted & jailed. Oh, and banned from BA & LCY for life (which will probably impact his annual holidays, but don’t tell anyone that he does actually fly)

Ah,Mr.Bond
    Participant

Copy and paste what bigseats said. This is a serious matter.

1 user thanked author for this post.

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

As someone who won a Paralympic Bronze Medal in 2012, I think calling someone an utter waster is a bit unnecessary. I’d say they’ve achieved quite a lot, and given the climate issues, sitting on top of a plane for an hour is only going to highlight the challenge the planet faces even more.

You can disagree on how the points are being put across but ultimately the level of disruption is tiny compared to what my kids will face when they grow up. If governments actually did what needs to be done, action like this would be unnecessary. Until they do we will only (rightly) face more disruption in cities and transport hubs as inaction cannot continue any longer.

Sure I get that it can be frustrating and I can’t always fathom some of things they are doing, but the underlying message is spot on.

Anyway – prefer the “New Economy” tag – bit more amusing!

3 users thanked author for this post.

canucklad
    Participant

He got himself up there, he should have been left to get himself down. And then BA/City Flyer should have sued him for damages and disruption costs

5 users thanked author for this post.

GoDownSouth
    Participant

Maybe you could give some advice on the right way to go about it? We should all be applauding anyone who is trying to bring attention to this most worrying of issues.

GoDownSouth
    Participant

[quote quote=971897]Maybe you could give some advice on the right way to go about it? We should all be applauding anyone who is trying to bring attention to this most worrying of issues.[/quote]

GoDownSouth
    Participant

[postquote quote=972034][/postquote]

I wish I was surprised by this kind of response from many of the people on this forum. I for one applaud the man for bringing more attention to this issue.

capetonianm
    Participant

I too applaud people who are trying to bring attention to a serious problem facing us, and to a greater degree, the following generations.

What I strongly condemn is the manner in which many people are doing it, and climbing on aircraft and closing down airports, roads, and so on is only going to invoke the wrong type of reactions, and sooner or later someone will be injured or killed. Furthermore closing down an airport is likely to bring greater congestion and pollution than letting it operate normally.

As an aside, the quote at #972118 is not from me, however I fully endorse and agree with it.
    capetonianm DID NOT WRITE!

Maybe you could give some advice on the right way to go about it? We should all be applauding anyone who is trying to bring attention to this most worrying of issues.

Mark Caswell
    Keymaster

Hi – just regarding the quoting issue above, where the system is showing a quote as being from someone other than the author. Apologies, this is a known issue, and we are trying to get it sorted.

Thanks for your patience.

BPP
    Participant

Should have been given a Water Canon salute!!
    BPP

Ah,Mr.Bond
    Participant

Without turning this into political debate… supply only meets demand and has to continue to do so. World population will increase 2.5 billion in 20 years to 10 billion. You can forget all about 0 carbon emissions that’s totally un realistic given these growth levels. Population is the issue that needs tackled. These protesters need to understand this. And it’s Gretas generation that’s going to be responsible for the magic number of 10 billion, that all need to live somewhere,eat….. AND travel.

esselle
    Participant

I don’t endorse the breaking of laws in such a shortsighted way. Nor do I endorse the pompous ar*e who disrupted the Aer Lingus flight by standing up and pontificating during the taxi. If I had been on that plane I would have “assisted” him back to his seat and buckled him up, and then let the police come and collect him.

Whilst we all get the message, we don’t all deserve to have our schedules crashed by those who think their cause has more value than our need to get on with stuff.

7 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls