Miles and More Lifetime programme changes

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• peterrejchrt
    Participant

I realise the programme changes have already been widely discussed.

3 thoughts/comments.

Understandable that LH wants to drive more customers to use its own and sister company services but is this likely to change customer behaviour? I am unlikely to change my preference from NH to LH out of HND, for example even if these means lost Lifetime points earnings. Does this have implications for the future of *A with more members favouring their own services over alliance parters?

It appears Lifetime MAM-G is not a reward for long service. I have been SEN since 2004 and nowhere near qualification to Lifetime S never mind G. So it seems more recognition that you have endured MAM airlines for a lifetime rather than being given a benefit.

And most importantly, if I continue to strive for Lifetime G by the time I reach retirement age what’s to top LH changing the terms of MAM again and say “haha, thanks for flying with us all these years, but we’re now withdrawing Lifetime benefits”? seems a risky business to be in.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I think one of the driving reasons for this chnage, is to reduce the number of Senators, as the Senator lounge is often more crowded than the Business one at both Zurich and Frankfurt.

The other point is that Lifetime Gold is perhaps easier, in one sense to obtain now, as only half the points have to be with LH/LX group, the rest with any other *A carrier. Further the requirement to be over 60 is now gone. You just need 10 years continuous as a Senator, and 10,000 points.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller April 2020 edition
Business Traveller April 2020 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls