Malta travel in 2021

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)

• peter991
    Participant

I am going to Malta in September from Lithuania. In Lithuania from September not vaccinated people would be unavailable to use public transport. What is situation in Malta?

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Saturday evening in Malta – September 2021

Hotel is 90% full, impossible for a restaurant reservation either in the hotel or any of the decent restaurants in St Julian and surrounds. Ended up perched on a bar stool in the bar of my favoured hotel chain.

Post not written as a ‘complaint’ but as a positive to show how some countries have managed to reopen and come into the covid world.. in a managed way…

Hello Asia…. and Australia…

3 users thanked author for this post.

DavidSmith2
    Participant

The Government of Ghana has just introduced a small number of short-term, country-specific travel bans because of COVID concerns. The countries affected are Israel, South Korea and Malta. But, in addition, they have said that tey do not recognise any vaccine certificates from Malta. This is clearly a very specific ruling, for whatever reason, but I have not seen any other country taking similar action.

The implication, one would think, is that they have serious doubts about the validity of Maltese certificates.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Malta in an interesting position with their covid protocols or rather lack of them.

Apart from hospitals – everything appears back to normal. Zero mask wearing, zero paperwork on arrival, plastic screens being removed, hotel buffet back to full self service. No mask on flight, no row by row deplaining, no covid announcements, decent food on board (Air Malta)…

Hotel is back to 90%+ occupancy…

It really feels strange – I know we each decide what to do, but here in Malta, I actually feel the odd one out if I decide to wear a mask… or not get into a lift with more than 4 people in it.

I know different countries have dealt with CV19 in different ways, and people’s view on vaccines differ (no issue with that) – but the difference between Malta and Hong Kong could not be more stark in terms of visiting. One creates a mountain to climb whilst the other welcomes visitors with very open arms (I also accept that HKG has a different demographic than Malta).

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls