Malaysian Airlines (MH) BOM-KUL

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Anonymous

Moadweeb
    Participant

Dear Members,

I recently realized that Malaysian Airlines for both their flight from/to BOM-KUL has changed the aircraft to a smaller 737-800

What happened to their 777-200 service ? Is that coming back anytime soon ?

I also see the prices have remained the same even though the Aircraft is now much smaller.

I hope they re-introduce a 777-200 or equivalent.

Cheers,
    Moadweeb.

Gin&Tonic
    Participant

Moadweeb – given the rationalization program MH is undertaking, it’s likely we shall see a lot more changes, and more economical aircraft being used on may routes to pump up the yield. As for the 777 – 200, a few weeks ago flew business with them to Ams and had the most uncomfortable journey of my life. The seats are so old and worn the steel frame could be felt sticking through the thin cushion. Never again just booked with KL for same route. Happy flying.

rferguson
    Participant

Moadweeb, I think one of the two daily flights has always been a 737-800 BOM-KUL? I flew it a couple years ago en route to OZ via KUL. For a daylight flight it would be quite comfortable but in my case the flight left at some time around 4am so sleeping was difficult.

I love the MH 777’s. Even though they offer an old angle flat product the feeling of personal space is incredible. The seat in front seems miles away! I actually prefer the older product on their 777’s to their newer A330 product.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Moadweb –

We have carried a number of news articles re the problems at
    Malaysia Airlines and the fact that major changes have been made to its network.

http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/101615/malaysia-airlines-to-consolidate-long-haul-network

The carrier’s B777s are rather out-of-date and many are now grounded while the carrier seeks a buyer.

It’s also grounded two of its six A380s and (as with the B777s) it cannot find a buyer.

But newer planes have been leased for service entry in late 2017.

http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/102037/malaysia-airlines-orders-four-a350-900s

Moadweeb
    Participant

Dear AMcWhirter,

Any idea if the new A350 will replace the 777-200 for the Mumbai-KUL sectors ?

To be honest, I was quite happy with the 777-200 they were using, though it was old, it was comfortable enough for a 5 hour journey.

I have used the 737-800 and cannot imagine taking that on the return leg in the night from KUL-BOM !

Unfortunately besides Air-India and Malindo Air, there are no direct flights to KUL from Mumbai..

Thanks,
    M..

lcpteck
    Participant

As per airlineroute.net, the B772s will only be used on 3 routes:

Kuala Lumpur – Amsterdam 1 daily
    Kuala Lumpur – Guangzhou 1 daily
    Kuala Lumpur – Paris CDG 1 daily

BOM’s schedule is as follows operated by 2 daily B738s:

MH194 KUL2015 – 2245BOM 738 D
    MH186 KUL2150 – 0020+1BOM 738 D

MH195 BOM0005 – 0740KUL 738 D
    MH187 BOM0125 – 0905KUL 738 D

lcpteck
    Participant

There’s currently no news on which routes the A359s will serve, they will only go into service in 2018.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Hello Moadweeb,

I wish I knew but nobody will have an answer for you so far in advance.

Hello Icpteck,

Are you sure these planes will enter service with Malaysia Airlines in 2018 ?

I ask, because we understand the service entry will be the fourth quarter of 2017.

http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/102037/malaysia-airlines-orders-four-a350-900s

lcpteck
    Participant

I accounted for delays hence mentioned 2018. Just a wild guess.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls