Malaysia Airlines to lease Air Berlin's A330s

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Alex McWhirter
    Participant

As we all know Air Berlin is gradually winding down its operations.

All long-haul flights will cease by the middle of October and the A330s which operated these routes are gradually being placed in storage.

Not for long however. It’s been reported today by Flightglobal that six of the ex-Air Berlin A330s are being leased by MAS from Aercap for medium-haul routes. The leases will run from 2018 to 2023.

It should mean passengers flying MAS’ regional routes will experience a better product than offered on the B737s which currently ply these routes.

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/malaysia-airlines-signs-loi-with-aercap-for-six-a33-441559/

AlanOrton1
    Participant

Sounds a good call by Malaysian.

At the moment on their KUL-PVG route, one of their two daily flights is on a 737 and the other an A330. Two very different products in J, so will be good if there is parity on what is close to a 6hr flight.

K1ngston
    Participant

For me it matters not a jot, they could fluff all their products up with a bow and have dancing girls and boys welcoming me on their flights, they are the joke of the region and for me its a classic case of a “pig in a poke”

Alex McWhirter
    Participant

These Air Berlin A330s will in business class offer a far better experience than the existing B737s.

MAS says they will be configured two-class (as they are at present) with 287 seats of which 19 are fully flat beds. Business class is configured four across 1-2-1.

Here’s our chart from Seatplans.com showing the Air Berlin configuration.

http://www.seatplans.com/airlines/air-berlin/a330-200-2

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls