Malaysia Airlines B737-800

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

Flew KUL to Phuket on 29th April 2016. Malaysia Airlines B737-800.

My BA Silver Card got me into the lounge with my wife and child. The lounge was the smaller one and not the lounge located over on the Satellite. My wife was in Business Class.

Lounge:

Food was very poor. Pasta and sauce was cold and thus inedible. Asked for a beer and got a warm can and champagne for my wife. Went back 20 minutes later and no more champagne left and none more to be restocked that day – according to the lounge staff member. I had another warm beer.

Flight:

Left on time. Was 70 minutes in the air. My daughter was served her Kids Meal prior to the trolley arriving – which arrived with just a bread roll and chocolate cookies… Not being sure if the cost cutting at Malaysia had been kicking in so we kept quiet.

The main meals were served on the trolley and mine was a poor Fried Rice offering. I asked for a wine and the attendant stated it was now company policy that no alcohol was served on flights under 3 hours. I asked the reason but she just said "Company Policy" to which I asked again why? I asked her if it was cost cutting and she just smiled. (None served in Business either)

As the trolley left our aisle I asked if my 8 year old was getting a hot meal to which the attendant just pointed to the box and started walking away. When I brought to her attention about no hot meal being in the box she just laughed and shouted at her colleague to bring a meal. 5 minutes later my child's actual hot meal was delivered to the 'empty box". How she could not tell the box was empty in the first place was beyond me. It was cold also.

As the flight descended the CSD must have been aware of my comments and came up to apologized for missing my daughters hot meal. I took the opportunity to ask him why no more alcohol was being served with hot meals on such flights and he finally yielded the point it was "Cost Cutting" and words to the effect that MAS are in real trouble.

Overall:

Having come off an MAS the day before from Perth to KL and then up to Phuket a day later I can see the cost cutting kicking in.

Very poor service. Just reaffirms my opinion that MAS are in real trouble and the customers are now suffering just as bad as the demotivated crews.

Review courtesy of Seatplans.com. Original review by user NobleM400 can be found here

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls