Major Delay and Reroute

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Anonymous

Stretch
    Participant

Friends of mine have been delayed by nearly 6 hours on a BA flight out of FCO to LHR tonight, which is now being rerouted to LGW. Their car is parked at LHR meet and greet, which is closed for the night. Can anyone suggest what their course of action should be? Should they get receipts for all expenditure to get them home and back to LHR to pick their car up? Is there anyone they should contact apart from BA, who will probably give them Avios points as compensation?

Many thanks

Stretch
    Participant

UPDATE: flight has been cancelled due to a dashboard fault.

SimonS1
    Participant

Keep any receipts and seek a refund. They can’t fob you off with Avios for that.

Plus EU261 compensation as well.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

BA must provice care (HOTAC, meals, transfers to/from the airport) and from the sound of it, there may be a case for compensation as well.

I agree with SimonS1.

Be_Nice
    Participant

Not a great journey. I would be less than pleased to fly into a different airport to where the car was parked

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Marlene

BA would would have to pay for the transfer between LGW/LHR, but I do agree it would make the journey less agreeable.

JeffD
    Participant

This a quiet a difficult one. I was delayed recently, the reason was a fire at LHR. I was not able to claim compensation under EU 261. BA did provide hotels etc. I would recommend never leaving the airport thinking you can claim expenses without first obtaining a signed, dated letter from BA or any other airline stating what you are entitled to claim for.

Stretch
    Participant

Thanks for all the advice. After being told the flight was cancelled, BA put my friends in the airport Hilton for the night. They have finally landed at LHR.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls