Magnanimous Marriott….NOT!!!

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

• RichHI1
    Participant

Martin I know you are right in principle but I like proper desks not mini affairs as I often have 2 or 3 computers open and am often working with VA’s and materials for workshops. This I can spread around floor etc.
    I do not like holding business meetings or making business calls from lounges due to confidentiality issues. I guess it depends on the nature of your meeting. Operational ones with lower concerns are normally held at client but intial strategic ones are what I refer to. Similarly I seldom use Business Centers as they invariably involve long treks to hidden areas of floors a long way off.
    We are not talking can be done can’t be done we are just talking personal preference.
    Sorry about the TV but I like to keep up with news and I am a slave to Football (NFL I am afraid so many poster will hate me) on Sundays (and any other time it is on).
    To clarify VK, I have never to my knowledge vacationed with Mrs S. It sounds like they have far more on vacation than I do… Good luck to you Mr and Mrs S..
    VK and James, last time I was in Japan I was handed a remote control tat did Lights, TV, Stereo, curtains the works. Spent hours openign the living room curtains from the bath… little things little minds I guess 🙂

JamesMoloney5
    Participant

Rich…you can’t top the japanese, and Koreans, for great ideas……but I will never forget my first experience with a heated toilet seat, in Seoul, and the myriad of spray and hot air/cold air drying options…..I spent hours in there……….unfortunately couldn’t see the TV from the loo, otherwise I might never have come out…….

I am also a slave to the footie…but rugby is my game and, being Irish, you can probably understand that I am looking forward to the quarter-finals against Wales…..

On the original subject of my post, I have found the name of one of the senior directors of Marriott Rewards, in Hong Kong, and have voiced my displeasure. I will post any reply I get from her.

RichHI1
    Participant

I love the child like pictures to illustrate the functions. Have to admit Japan is my idea of paradise…. But with space constraints in Tokyo, a nice big suite is soooo welcome.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I would let you all know what we get up to, but am just about to hit the M1 to go to Sheffield and Leeds. No doubt will report on roadworks later.

JamesMoloney5
    Participant

I am pleased to report that, having got in touch with Marriott Rewards Regional HQ in Hong Kong and explained my concerns, the whole issue has been resolved very much to my satisfaction!!

I will continue with my membership of MR and will enjoy spending the compensation offered, and gratefully accepted!!

VintageKrug
    Participant

We never found out what compensation you were offered….

JamesMoloney5
    Participant

I agreed that I would keep the arrangement confidential but suffice to say that it was sufficient for a ten night stay in a Category 6 property.

RichHI1
    Participant

I am amused by Marriott magnanimity. I last stayed in a marriott in 2009 On Friday Inreceived my annual marriott card which once again says I have not quite got the necessary stays (0) but I am silver for another year.
    Thanks marriott

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls