MAB CEO stepping down early?

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

• Jomtien9
    Participant

… and behind it all is the money being poured into public and private accounts by the Saudis who’s ultimate aim is to Islamise the world.

TheRealBabushka
    Participant

Jomtien9,

Now I think that’s just a bit too Donald Trump for this site.

canucklad
    Participant

I do seem to re-call reading a story in the press that pressure was put on the airline by its masters “requesting” a change in uniform for female cabin crew.
    Not unsurprisingly the new uniform would have had the hijab as its new feature.

As I mentioned on the MH alcohol thread, interference to placate zealots will probably mean that it would need somebody with Kahuna’s big enough to work with MOL to take on the role vacated by Mr Mueller !

Cashsuds
    Participant

Herr Meuller is an incredible person to be able to achieve so much in such a small amount of time. However, if you are prevented from delivering, it is good enough reason to leave as it is clear that priorities with MH does not lie in making it a great airline!! As far as I am concerned a less crowded sky is the way to go with better quality carriers. I fly on board carriers that are well managed as I value my life.

Cashsuds
    Participant

Herr Meuller is an incredible person to be able to achieve so much in such a small amount of time. However, if you are prevented from delivering, it is good enough reason to leave as it is clear that priorities with MH does not lie in making it a great airline!! As far as I am concerned a less crowded sky is the way to go with better quality carriers. I fly on board carriers that are well managed as I value my life.

Schaible
    Participant

Not surprised. A non-national (= expat) in a senior position in a government institution is always facing head wind unless he is a yes-sayer with a huge budget (EK, EY etc.). This obviously is not the case with MH. And in a Muslim country there are many ways to interprete his departure, unfortunately. Maybe this politically influenced “playground” is not the right place for a straight German revolutioner.

Deutsche Bank was helmed and driven to billions of Euros annual loss by an egocentric Swiss CEO and later by an unexperienced British-Indian CEO and it took too long to get them out. Unlike Ackermann, Jain & Co. Müller knew when it was the time to go!

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls