LX 773 in Business

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• RaveAroundTheWorld
    Participant

So I finally got to test this new plane recently –

1. ZRH-BKK
    2. SIN-ZRH

After so many years on the old “warhorse” fleet of A330 s and A340 s, was strange to sit in Swiss Boeing metal for longhaul travel. Here are some comments that I had:

* I sat in 4A for both flights. In the front biz class cabin which has a 5 across config which is staggered (1-2-2 next row 2-2-1 etc)

* I was struck by the additional space the seats had as compared to the old product. Seat seemed wider but maybe this was my imagination.

* Lots more in terms of compartments and places to store things.

* I had to re- program myself to find out how to operate the seats after flying so many years in the other model

* TV screen much bigger and remote control more modern

* Seatbelt has a harness that straps around your chest as well as waist

* Bathrooms seem a bit bigger

Basically same colour and design but updated with modern touches and much more space. The seat 4A is the one you want if travelling alone…..

Cheers,
    -Rave

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Here’s a review from last year

Swiss B777-300ER business class

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Nice to have some comments on Swiss Rave, as there’s much to much about BA on this forum. I often get the feeling our fellow posters enjoy a bit of self flagellation as they moan about BA but continue to fly them 😉

I’ve yet to fly the Swiss 777 but I have tried the seat out and also got the impression it’s a bit wider than the 330/340. I also think the harness is a great idea and something they have on the Lufthansa 748’s, though the FA was quick to point out that the seats in Economy do not have this feature!

I can’t wait to try the 777 and I think the last time I flew a Swiss Boeing was actually a Swissair 747.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=814515]Nice to have some comments on Swiss Rave, as there’s much to much about BA on this forum. I often get the feeling our fellow posters enjoy a bit of self flagellation as they moan about BA but continue to fly them ?

I’ve yet to fly the Swiss 777 but I have tried the seat out and also got the impression it’s a bit wider than the 330/340. I also think the harness is a great idea and something they have on the Lufthansa 748’s, though the FA was quick to point out that the seats in Economy do not have this feature!

I can’t wait to try the 777 and I think the last time I flew a Swiss Boeing was actually a Swissair 747.

[/quote]

Can’t speak for others, but I use BA because they are cheap 🙂 7 hours each way for ~£700 (ex MAN) in premium economy with a good seat. If they put the price up, I’d be off in a flash.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls