Luton DART to open on March 27

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hannah Brandler
    Keymaster

Luton Council has confirmed that the Luton Direct Air-Rail Transit (DART) system is opening on Monday March 27.

A launch celebration event took place today with an announcement by councillor Hazel Simmons MBE on behalf of Luton Council and Luton Rising, its company that owns the airport and has built the service.

For more information on the service, see our recent report:

https://www.businesstraveller.com/business-travel/2023/02/24/luton-dart-to-launch-by-the-end-of-march/

AMcWhirter
    Participant

In fact it’s operating from today.

Quite a few customers are grumbling about the price.

At £4.90 one-way it’s been billed as one of the most expensive transits in the UK.

Note that the previous bus transfer (which cost substantially less) has been axed.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

After I posted about the £4.90 price to use DART I received so much feedback with most of it negative.

As with airport drop-off fees it appears that travellers dislike paying these separate charges no matter how small.

Rail fan Geoff Marshall has reviewed DART and here is his YouTube.

Fuzzbox9
    Participant

Your film failed to mention that the journey is free for Concessionary Travel Card holders although in my experience last weekend, the staff on duty were unaware of this.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls