Luton Airport, United Kingdom – avoid flying in or out of this place

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

• BelperFlyer
    Participant

Totally agree a disaster zone took over an hour to get from off site car park to terminal.

I was flying with LaCompagnie (review to come). Check in no problem had priority queue at security which took 15 minutes. Headed to the Aspire lounge which was very busy. And struggled to find a seat. Food offering was bland. Left the lounge and there was a queue up the stairs to get in.

Weaved our way through multiple stag and hen parties heading to east Europe destinations at a guess. Didn’t even bother looking at the shops

Flight was good but LaCompagnie is let down by Luton airport

1 user thanked author for this post.

Ekond222
    Participant

Fdos

I was partially wrong – only part (not most) of Manchester Airport sits in Cheshire (the 2nd runway), the rest of the Airport resides in the Greater Manchester Area (Just like Heathrow resides in the Greater London Area – but all of it – Hillingdon as does Northolt which I’ve only flown in/out once – excellent and if you get the opportunity try the London Heliport in Battersea – do so).

Newham is in fact an Outer London borough where ‘London City Airport’ resides and by your argument is in…Wait for it…ESSEX, Hillingdon ceased being part Middlesex district last century over 50 years ago and the whole of Hillingdon became an Outer London borough.
    http://www.londoncouncils.gov.uk/node/1938
    https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:City_of_London_UK_labelled_ward_map_2003.svg

The Greater London Area consists 33 districts (32 boroughs and City of London District) – the Mayor of London elected by residents of all of the 33 districts.

The centre of London is actually in the inner borough of Westminster – and has been for over 700 years that reference point is used by road signs.

I live in one of London ‘inner boroughs’ (as you’ve used this as a yardstick – Heathrow/Northolt/London City are equal in distance from where I live but Heathrow is at least 10 minutes quicker to get to by either by car or public transport on a normal weekday.

For other readers who wish to become a ‘Freeman’ this open to any Tom/Dick/Harriet that is British Citizen who works or works for a company with an office/lives or is self employed with their limited company registered in the ‘City of London’ district or works for Livery Company – just apply on-line and self validate away.

Getting back to Luton/Oxford/Stanstead/Gatwick etc get their ‘London status’ because their ‘fast links’ serving London…which is somewhat misleading.

…For the sake of closure FDOS I will allow you victory in your argument you win – congratulations – enjoy and I will not write any further on this matter as I a kettle boiling that must be seen to.

lloydah
    Participant

Last time we used the place it was all the above.Wait to drop off, wait to check in, wait for security no matter it was supposed to be Fast Track. Sitting in a crowded lounge we found our Easy flight to Nice cancelled. After a few minutes trying to think about what to do, which desk to get info, a second announcement – Nice flight back on, Glasgow flight cancelled, pax to get on Edinburgh flight and bus to Glasgow.

Half way through our flight Stelios walks round the cabin asking how we are enjoying the flight. No one bothered then to ask why it was reinstated. As if we had any doubts.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls