Lufthansa’s A380: top or flop ?

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

• DerekCarter
    Participant

Hi to everyone !

Well, if you just want to try LH as an operator of a A380–why not–as long as you know what to expect like angled flat seats, food is okay. I recently flew LX with their new C seat–for me it is a great and solid product. I am sleeper on my longhaul flights so I need a full flat bed and expects good food( LX catering was and is till now always a good experience, no bad foodies yet )–LX has offered both products in a high standard. If you just want to try LH..just give it a try–often the cabin crews are young and offer great service. I would recommend LX though than LH.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Canadian, I agree with Derek, and though I love Swiss I cannot wait to fly the 380. If you can put up with the seat, Teutonic service and mediocre lounge, then fly the 380 for the wonderful machine she is. You can always go back to LX next time!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Sorry for the multiple replies. I’m doing this from an Ipad and it did not seem to save, so I hit the button several times and this is the result! I cannot now seem to delete them, so moderator, please feel free to delete the “excess” ones.

PaulJennings
    Participant

The A380 is fantastic bit of kit. It is without doubt, the quietest, most comfortable plane I have been on – wider body, bigger windows and higher air pressure all contribute to this. LH’s business class is not luxurious. (It is not meant to be – it is meant to be reasonable comfort at reasonable price). In my own experience I have found the service to be often friendly, always professional, occasionally brusque but never rude.

Note that the seats are angled lie flat as opposed to horizontal – if you don’t like that then that will be a bit of a issue, but even if that is a turn off it is worth flying the A380 at least once if you have the chance.

canadianflyer
    Participant

Thank you all for your constructive criticism. I think that we will stick with LX. I was just wondering if Hansa’s 380 had anything special to offer. EK’s has a lounge bar, like the old 747s (for those old enough to remember. ACs had a hostess and a Dance floor to dance on from YYZ to LHR/CDG). We have flown the 380 nearly 100 times, but we are always on the look-out for something special. Perhaps that is asking too much with Hansa!!
    LX here we come!

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls