Lufthansa’s A380: top or flop ?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

• Anonymous

Hess963
    Participant

Has anyone of you have heard about the seatings on LH’s newest aircraft due to roll out soon. Really funny that BT has not got any news about it? Does it means, we do not need to expect something new, innovative from LH?
    Well at least their safety record is good and the F class service as well.

Airpocket
    Participant

Any idea which routes LH’s A380 will be flown on?

Hess963
    Participant

It is rumoured that JFK, NRT and PVG are the likely to be the first destinaions of the A380. The first flights with the “blue bird or more likely the German frequent flyers called their national airline: Hansa ” will be in the beginning or middle of 2010. I am so curious what kind of F class seats will be installed. Is it going to be like the new F suite of LX or more likely the secluded version of SQ, EY, 9W… ?? About C class seating, hopefully not a lie flat angled sliding nightmare in slick leather like the new C regional of SQ!!! But more likely the one which US will be introducing in the near future.
    This is really awkward to say but…I hope in this matter LH will follow US and not SQ… whow!! that was quite creepy to say …. What was it I posted earlier that the airlines are in constant movement of reinventing themselves…hopefully for the better and for our own sake primarily.

viking01
    Participant

Senator
    Participant

I have spoken to several people working for the airline (onboard staff and executives on ground) and they are not revealing much. What I have understood about the F-class on the new 747-800 which LH is the launch customer for, is that F will be in the nose like most airlines, will have 8 seats (16 today on the 747-400 upper deck). I also heard that it would be “impossible” to upgrade from C to F. Of course, the F product will be the same on the A380. Again, this is from casual conversations and I would take it all with a pinch of salt.

LH has delayed the commercial launch of the A380 from Sept 09 to Sept 10 I believe.

Hess963
    Participant

Hi everyone!!

some recent updates. The first A380 will be expected in Hamburg for the finishing touches in interiors and livery painting early Oct. 2009.
    Around March 2010 the first fully fitted and equipped A380 will be officially given to LH. So LH will be planning to go fully commercial with the first A380 around end of April/May 2010.
    Which will be the first destinations, is absolutely hard to find out!! LH makes a really big mystery about it( commercial tactics–who knows?), this goes as well for the premium cabin seatings. I think most of you all (especially “Hansa” enthusiasts) know already that the premium configuration will be the same as in the ordered “B747 new gen”. It would be less than the previous F class 16 seats in the existing configuration. And F cabin is said to going up front the plane as most F cabins are in a B747.
    I personally do not mind the big mystery over the premium cabin configuration as long as LH has done its homework and hopefully will not do any stupid mistakes!

Hess963
    Participant

Hi everyone !!

an update from me over the LH A380–been talking to some persons who work for LH in FRA–a very disappointing surprise–the C class in the new big blue bird are going to be lie flat and not full flat !! So LH is not following LX’s brave improvements in the new C cabins. About the new F–would definitely an individual seat–not the old existing seatings in the 747–here it could be similar to the new LX F cabin. But the “Hansa” is still so guarded over this issue–well..with these revelations–I am asking myself–what is the “new and good things” about it ? So did LH really has done its homework or not ? At the moment and these revelations–definitely a big no !!

For the LH management and especially PR section reading here in BT…..” zurück in der Schule zum Nachsitzen und endlich mal die zahlenden Pax anhören , schau euch einfach die LX in der neuen C und F Kabinen an…so schwer kann es doch nicht sein .!!”

Safe travels to all–especially this weekend !
    Hess

flyingformiles
    Participant

Not to have a full flat seat in J/C is a big error IMO and would be a real shame and a big error. I can’t believe that LH would do this.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Looks as though LH is following AF and adopting a conservative approach for its A380 J class cabin.

Hess963
    Participant

Hi everyone !!

an update over the A380 F and C seatings— the C seat will be the same as it is ( LH might consider to refurbish it later — maybe ).

About the F seat — the Hansa Fans already found out what F seats would it be. Definitely a lie flat seat and suite feeling.. So this will be definitely a far more superior F class seating and feeling than the new BA F seat.

If you have seen the EADS Sogerma Ultimate 17 product– first seen at the AIME show in Dubai last Feb.10– than we know the new LH F would be— but this F seat would be more probably in the new B 747-800 rather than in the new A 380. But who knows- how flexible LH is.
    So it is more probably the same seat like the new LX F class or Contour Premium Suite (when I am not wrong–it could be the same as KE new Kosmo Suite ) — only in cream or sand colour. But whatever F class suite it will be–it will be far more better in space and privacy as the usual upper deck 16 seater cabin.

Safe travels to all

Hess

AMcWhirter
    Participant

flying_sikh
    Participant

Lufthansa confirms the A380 routes on gds. LH 710 FRA-TYO , LH 720 FRA-PEK, LH 572 FRA-JNB.

Potakas
    Participant

Airbus has delivered Lufthansa’s second A380 on Friday 16th July, taking the A380 in-service fleet to 33 aircraft. Lufthansa receive them very quickly!!

http://www.airbus.com/en/presscentre/pressreleases/press-release/?tx_ttnews%5Btt_news%5D=4305&tx_ttnews%5BbackPid%5D=768&cHash=b15c040aaa

Regards

Potakas

canadianflyer
    Participant

Hi To all!

Recently, I was praising the merits of Swiss “J” class to PVG. I have the option of LH 380 to PEK or keeping with LX to PVG. For my son and I return the fare is much the same £3000, so no difference there. Can somebody please advise which to chose? We have flown SQ & EK 380 J Class, but wish to try LH. Do you advise it?#
    Thank you.
    FlyingCanadian.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls